BEGI Turbo

haven't heard a thing........I think its going to end up liek the corksport kit.....and that one is way on the backburner as they are in their 2nd year of development of their miata kit which is first on the line before the Protege.

I got an email from him last week saying he was starting on satureday but I haven't heard anything since then.

does anyone have a phone number or email address for bell engineering? i was daft enough to pay $30 to join the "ask corky bell website". i joined based only on his reputation. got nothing in return, except confirmation they billed me the $30. does anyone know what state his business is located in, and the phone number of the Consumer Affairs/Attorney General's office in that state?

this is the site i'm talking about:

www.askcb.com

got the website from his latest book "Supercharged".

thanks for any help/info.

hey chdesign, how mach did you pay for youre mainfold ? and how mach would it be to make another one ? thanks, :D

I personally only shelled out 30 bucks but that doesn't include labor making the flanges and doing the measurements and welding it up. There is alot of man time in one and I would probably charge 300 a piece for them.

thanks again for the info. we talked for 1 minute about the website and 45 minutes about the protege turbo. development is well underway and it's looking like 2 months to bring it to market.

hey chdesign, you sad you can get me the mainfold for 300$ right, how mach shiped to nj, 07828 and dose it include the gasket's ? emal me or pm me ok, thanks

i don't know if this is old news, but when i called Bell Engineering last week, they said the protege turbo packages would likely be similar to the packages on:

www.flyinmiata.com

perhaps that wasn't meant to be taken too literally, but it would suggest there might be 2 packages:

1. low boost (6-8 lbs), no ECU upgrade, for about $3500, and

2. higher boost (11-12 lbs), with ECU upgrade, for about $5000.

i'd guess the low boost package would be first to market, as it doesn't require the ECU development.

the flyinmiata site is quite informative, with lots of different turbo packages, dyno charts, etc.

DBR said:
the flyinmiata site is quite informative, with lots of different turbo packages, dyno charts, etc.

Yes, but those are Miata's and not proteges. They do however, have a SI dyno on there, but it is not turbo'd. I would like to hear more information about the Bell Kit, something along the lines of fuel delivery. Are there going to be additional injectors, is there an upgraded fuel pump. What is the size of the turbo?

I talked to Corky Bell yesterday about maybe getting a Link Engine management system for my car. He couldn't help with that. So I asked him about the status of the turbo kit. He said that they hope to have the manifold today, and that the turbo should be up and running for testing by the weekend. Shaweeeeet!:D

Back