Almost hybrid

I just puchased a T-28 turbo today, and it should be here on Monday. The guy that is helping me on my turbo thinks that we can fit a flandge on the stock manifold for the T-28. Does that sound at all possible? I would rather do that versus spending a lot at a machine shop. :confused: :D

It can be done but things have to be moved and it will be a pain...you will have less headaches with a custom manifold.

I dont want to sound like an ass here but.........
You get what you pay for and I have learned a lot of lessons over the years dealing with hopping up a car. Dont cut corners, especially on a turbo application. Go with a custom or turbonetics manifold. This is serious stuff your dealing with and dont let some shmuck butcher your car. Plus one you want to resell it what mani are you gonna use? You are going to have to buy a new one from mazda....and I bet its way more than 500 bucks!

There are alway hidden costs when dealing with a custom install.

You think to yourself hey. I get a turbo, some charge piping an intercooler, fuel pump and I am done. But it does not work that way. A lot of thought and ingenuity goes into a sytem. Currently I am experiencing some small stuff with my turbo. I will redesighn it over and over until the whole thing is a perfect package. Unfortunatly this takes some time but thats what research and development is. When it is bug free I will release a kit.

I am not telling anyone to buy my kit or joe shmoes kit but a turbo takes alot of work and there are always hidden costs. You need oil lines, clamps, silicone hosing, new diaphrams for your map sensor, connectors blah blah blah. You guys get the point. But if your willing to put up with all the costs and b.s. more power to ya!! I would love to see more turbo mp3's on the road and going custom is a pain in the ass but its kinda fun:D

Just remeber these important rules
DONT CUT CORNERS

Keep that thought in mind and you will have a rewarding and killer turbo system:)

I am in the same shoes as spoolin i'm working out a few bugs in my system and I have advised him on a couple things on his so we are exchanging ideas back and forth. I have a couple things to work out on my I'm working on a new manifold design now but i'm worried about the welds to my flange right now....i welded from teh inside as i slid the tubing in the flange instead of butt welding it. But in doing this I warped the flange pretty bad and when i did a zero plane it took off alot of material and i don't know how much weld is still there....so i have to make a jig now to hold the flange down to a solid block of steel and tighten it as much as i can down so that I can get it welded fromt eh top also and then stress releive it while it is on the block of steel so that i can prevent it frokm warping again....if it does wrap in taht state it will be minimal and i have a very high temp sealer i used last time on the mazda gasket that held up fine that i can use to fill up and voids....but i think the block of steel it will be bolted to and stress relieved on will keep it from warping.

spoolinmp3 said:
I dont want to sound like an ass here but.........
You get what you pay for and I have learned a lot of lessons over the years dealing with hopping up a car. Dont cut corners, especially on a turbo application. Go with a custom or turbonetics manifold. This is serious stuff your dealing with and dont let some shmuck butcher your car. Plus one you want to resell it what mani are you gonna use? You are going to have to buy a new one from mazda....and I bet its way more than 500 bucks!

There are alway hidden costs when dealing with a custom install.

You think to yourself hey. I get a turbo, some charge piping an intercooler, fuel pump and I am done. But it does not work that way. A lot of thought and ingenuity goes into a sytem. Currently I am experiencing some small stuff with my turbo. I will redesighn it over and over until the whole thing is a perfect package. Unfortunatly this takes some time but thats what research and development is. When it is bug free I will release a kit.

I am not telling anyone to buy my kit or joe shmoes kit but a turbo takes alot of work and there are always hidden costs. You need oil lines, clamps, silicone hosing, new diaphrams for your map sensor, connectors blah blah blah. You guys get the point. But if your willing to put up with all the costs and b.s. more power to ya!! I would love to see more turbo mp3's on the road and going custom is a pain in the ass but its kinda fun:D

Just remeber these important rules
DONT CUT CORNERS

Keep that thought in mind and you will have a rewarding and killer turbo system:)

I was wondering if you have a part # on the turbonetics manifold, I looked at the website and I didn't see anything about manifold. Please help, if you know the price let me know. Ooh about the price on a stock manifolod from Mazda, it will cost about $258.00. The same turbonetics manifold you are talking about is the one in the pics that you posted, right? :confused:

The turbonetics manifold is for a ford probe 4 cyl or a mazda 626 turbo. I think so dont qoute me. Do a search on the forum and you will find it but it fits our FS series motors. Its almost 600 bucks shipped

Back