Fuel enrichment continued

spoolinmp3

Contributor
A programmable managment system is the ideal way to go when considering forced induction. But unfortunatly it is costly an expensive install and tune. Another option is to use the additional injector driver setup for fuel that chdesign was talking about and an MSD ignition controller that will enable to make new ignition curves. This way is possibly the next best thing next to programmable engine managment. I think the injector driver is like 400$ and the MSD unit if I am not mistaken is about the same price. That is considerably cheaper and reasonably simple to tune and install.

As for programmable managment. Installing is more complex and tuning is a bit nerve racking since one wrong srtoke on the key bad and kabloom!! your motor is fried. I reccomend this route if you want ultimate power and know a very very reputable shop that exclusivley deals with tuning and installing these sytems. It would be better to dyno tune with a wideband o2 sensor(determines air fuel ratio accuratly) but can be done on the road with an Exhaust temp gauge. These things are expensive but a definite must for turbos. You can tune accordingly using the EGT gauge. Once you reach a certain temp on our cars its about 1550 degrees farenheigt you know that you are running lean. This is the biggest safe gaurd for our motors and gives us the vital stats;)

In the end it depends on how much green you wanna throw down. But having complete control over all parameters like boost, fuel maps, ignition timing and everything else is very very nice. You also dont have to deal with piggy backing on the stock ecu that has limitations and runs into default once you are under WOT. Or dealing with the limitations of the ecu.

What are the price ranges for your's and other stand-alone EMS's? Oh yeah and thanks for answering my post in the other thread.

Andrew

Depends on what you get. But generally 1300 to 2500 for the unit and another 500-1000 for install and tuning. My opinion is that the tec 2 is the superior system on the market. Example a turbo miata with a link system (what I have) at 15psi makes roughly 250 whp. That same miata with a tec 2 system running only 10psi can make the same power!!!!!!!:eek:

Back