Fuel Enrichment Options

chdesign

Hey everyone I know this has been discussed before but it is in several different places so I thought i would compact it into one thread in the FI section. With the Protege you have 3 main options for fuel enrichment with FI. First option woudl be an FMU this is goign to be yoru cheapest option by far and run you about 150-250 dollars. FMU work on the basis of raising the fuel pressure directly related to boost. These are good up to about 8 PSI then become unstable. Cartech and Vortec both make FMU's that will work with our cars. THe second option would be to get an additional injector controller and additional injectors. The cheapest and simplest setup I have found so far is at www.sdsefi.com the 2 injector setup is good for boost levels up to about 10 psi above that I would recommend the 4 injector setup. The 2 injectors can be placed on the charge piping whereas the 4 injector setup must be placed on the intake runners themselves. The third option and most expensive is larger injectors and a Stand-Alone ECU. I am not too familiar myself on these but Spoolin is and I would hope he would shed some light on that part of this subject. Another option i am not too familiar with is the setup Bryan Pendleton has on his F block Probe. He has larger injectors and a recalibrated MAF to send a different signal to the ECU I would say try this but our WOT programming is hard programmed meaning that when we are at WOT our stock ECU takes over and no longer takes into consideration the singals from the engine. I hope this helps some of you out in your quest for FI.

Back