my brother in laws rsx type s!

another pic. by the way, the wheels and tires are for sale:

17X7 Konig Tantrum
5x114.3, 40S

215/50ZR17 Nitto NT450

the two on the left hand side have about 9,000 miles on them, the RHS tires/wheels are BRAND NEW, as the car hit a curb (hard :( ) and ins paid for new wheels/tires on that side. the RHS set has about 7 or 8 miles on them (from the shop to my apt), the tires still have green lines on the treads from the mfr. the left front wheel has slight curb rash (damn nasty Philly curbs), i can send you more detailed pics if you're interested...let me know and i'll break out the camera.

i'll sell together or seperately -- they aren't on my Protege b/c the 215/50/17 is too tall to fit the 195/50/16 on the stock setup, but the wheels should fit perfectly. the set new cost $1300, (tires new are about $100 a piece), so i'll ask for $500/neg for the wheels, $200/neg for the tires.

FUGLY.....P5 is so much better looking and ALOT cheaper it's ridiculous!!! Sooner or later they'll be more of these things rollin around and they'll be just like a civic.......a joke on four wheels......(Not trying to start anything, just my .02)

Last edited:
not trying to start anything..riiight.

except that that joke will be rapidly receding in the distance ahead. i like P5's, i love my ES, but you can't really compare the two to a Type-S. soo much quicker, smoother, well-put together. but that's what you get for 8 grand more.

Re: not trying to start anything..riiight.

dmitrik4 said:
except that that joke will be rapidly receding in the distance ahead. i like P5's, i love my ES, but you can't really compare the two to a Type-S. soo much quicker, smoother, well-put together. but that's what you get for 8 grand more.

Well the MS-P sure can for a fact and it's alot less than a Type-S with all the goodies;) :D lol....

well, i was talking about the P5.:)

mmmm, MS-P.:D i want one. it's definitely closer competition. be nice to see some more power out of the stock turbo'd engine though.

dmitrik4 said:

mmmm, MS-P.:D i want one. it's definitely closer competition. be nice to see some more power out of the stock turbo'd engine though.

MSP and the Type S both run a 14.9 stock in the 1/4. The RSX is a very nice car, but I'll stick with my mp3. :)

dmitrik4 said:

Hehe, I'd have to say in my opinion the MSP is superior, not just "closer competition" for the Type S. :D :p

I like the RSX Type-S, but

Honda is Acura and Acura is Honda.

I agree with the comment that there will be just as many RSX's running around as Hondas. I hope that is not the case though, since Acura is the "luxury" division of Honda.

And I would hate to see them running around with 4" exhaust tips, Boeing 747 wings, etc.

A friend of mine has a RSX-Type S.

It drives very nice, and is pretty quick.

I have said it before and I will say again.

"There is something about just about every car on the market that I like and something I don't"

Zoom-Zoom :D

Kooldino said:

MSP and the Type S both run a 14.9 stock in the 1/4. The RSX is a very nice car, but I'll stick with my mp3. :)

i'm in voorhees.

i haven't seen a 14.9 quoted for an MSP yet...i know C&D had it at a 15.4 and the RSX at a 14.8 (seems reasonable given the HP difference)...the MSP seemed to handle better though. i guess it goes back to "whatever you prefer." i'm a fan of hatchbacks. buttery-smooth 8000rpm doesn't hurt either!(laugh)

i'll tell you what, though. i like paying $290/mo for my ES better than $490/mo for the RSX. i would've bought an MP3 instead of either if it had ABS. you should come out to autoX at Camden if you're south jersey -- i was the only Pro there this past weekend.:(

dmitrik4 said:

i'm in voorhees.

i haven't seen a 14.9 quoted for an MSP yet...i know C&D had it at a 15.4 and the RSX at a 14.8 (seems reasonable given the HP difference)...the MSP seemed to handle better though. i guess it goes back to "whatever you prefer." i'm a fan of hatchbacks. buttery-smooth 8000rpm doesn't hurt either!(laugh)

i'll tell you what, though. i like paying $290/mo for my ES better than $490/mo for the RSX. i would've bought an MP3 instead of either if it had ABS. you should come out to autoX at Camden if you're south jersey -- i was the only Pro there this past weekend.:(

Well Open yours eyes wide and read this:eek: lol enjoy;)
Http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content...=reviews&loc_code=index&content_code=00066877

In straight-line performance, Hiraishi said Mazda got a 15.3-second quarter mile at 90 miles an hour and that independent tests have returned quarter miles of 14.9 at 93.18 and 0-to-60 times from 6.6 to 7.0 seconds.

good article. looks like it's pretty consistent...153, 15.4, etc.:)

"independent tests"? quoted by a Mazda engineer in whose interest it is that the car perform well? i'm sure he's entirely unbiased and would never fudge unofficial numbers...;)

hopefully i can get a test drive, but i'm afraid that might make me make some unwise financial decisions... :cool:

(hey, i know it's the "cool thing" to poop on honda products, and especially the RSX-S. i just don't get why people always feel the need to do that to make themselves feel better... :confused: )

dmitrik4 said:

good article. looks like it's pretty consistent...153, 15.4, etc.:)

"independent tests"? quoted by a Mazda engineer in whose interest it is that the car perform well? i'm sure he's entirely unbiased and would never fudge unofficial numbers...;)

hopefully i can get a test drive, but i'm afraid that might make me make some unwise financial decisions... :cool:

(hey, i know it's the "cool thing" to poop on honda products, and especially the RSX-S. i just don't get why people always feel the need to do that to make themselves feel better... :confused: )

Hey man they both are quick and fast but i had to post that article for the #'s that the MS-P is boosting, that's a pretty darn impressive number.

0-60times in 6.6-7.0sec
1/4mile 14.9@93.18mph
that's impressive:eek: (boobs)

Back