New @!)#*$ Server

enry

Administrator
Okay, after receiving several death threats, we have upgraded the server to a DUAL XEON 2.0GHZ, and it's supposed to be all that and a bag of doritos.

If you are happy with the upgrade please show your support by going to the donate page and subscribing or donating. I have a feeling at the rate we are expanding, we will have to upgrade probably before the end of the year.

Thanks for visiting.

Antoine & Enry

Whatever the hell it is, it's freakin' quick!! You guys rock!!!!

Thanks for all the great work guys!

It's running Red Crap 9. I was pulling my hair out trying to securify it, considering I -->HATE<-- red hat. But turns out once you know how it's not too difficult. And it's kind of pricey.

Yea, its not too hard, turn off everything you need ( for a web server, just 80 and 22) and if you're running MySQL, have it listen on localhost ... that will probably take care of most everything except apache/ssh/kernel vulnerabilities (I do this for a living). Or if you hate redhat so much, there is always gentoo ;)

"Securify"

Hmm.. I'm gonna need a ruling on that... Judges.......

"yes"

Alrighty then, the ruling stands. Good use of the word "securify"

carry on

Yeah.. but the thing is.. HOW to turn things of in RH9 .. if you don't know the nifty utils that come with RH9, it could be quite annoying. I had to RTM!!

FYI-there are 144 users online... load is ~1.70 / 4.00 (remember, this is a QUAD).

Code:
 10:19:38  up 1 day, 14:34,  2 users,  load average: 1.98, 1.38, 1.17
89 processes: 88 sleeping, 1 running, 0 zombie, 0 stopped
CPU0 states:   8.4% user   9.4% system    0.0% nice   0.0% iowait  81.0% idle
CPU1 states:  12.4% user   4.3% system    0.0% nice   0.0% iowait  82.1% idle
CPU2 states:   8.4% user   3.3% system    0.0% nice   0.0% iowait  87.1% idle
CPU3 states:  10.3% user   9.1% system    0.0% nice   0.0% iowait  79.4% idle

Good Deal!!

I have a question though...
I went to donate more mulah but i receive a warning that the SSL is expired, so its not secure. Therefore, i was not too keen on entering my billing info.
Might want to look into that!

Hey, my friend goes to this place called the something awful forums and they have a pretty good thing going on. To become a registered member, you have to pay a one-time cost of $10. The funny part is that you could actually change someones avatar and little message thingy for another $10. If you get your stuff changed, you could fix it for $5. It's actually pretty funny.

Just trying to throw in some ideas.

Back