Noises from engine?

ZoomZoom

Just wondering if any of you other P5 owners are experiencing what I am. Just got the car about 2 days ago and it has a little over 100 miles on it and I am hearing a chattering sound from the engine. It is not really loud like a lifter but I was thinking it might be the injectors firing or that there may be something wrong. This is the first Mazda product that we have owned and I have an 11 year old Honda that is more silent than the P5. Was also wondering if any of you are experiencing the noise when backing up. I am familiar with the manual tranny reverse "whine" but when I let off of the gas, the "whine" seems to oscillate. Just wondering if these are normal sounds from this particular car.

Thanks
Griff

There is a problem with the engine while it is cold having a sort of a "Chattering" (I guess you can say that) sound, that goes away when the engine hits 140^F. Apparently, It's not a problem, but more of a nusense, and mazda is supposidly working on a ecu upgrade for it.

Also, Dude, You have 100 miles on the car.. The grease and lubs and stuff need time to massage their way into the engine and tranny, etc.. That's why they call it the "Break In Period".. Give it a couple of days, if not, take it in and get it looked at.

- Miker

Thanks Grim013. I am already all to familiar with the cold chatter. But I was referring to what just seems to be a noisy idle. I know plenty about cars and have owned 2 other new cars that had manual trannys and none of them ever sounded like this. I have to go in and get the horn pad replaced anyway because it had a ding in the Mazda emblem upon delivery, I will just have to ask them about it then. I wanna make sure that all the little stuff is taken care of before we start doing any mods to it. Thanks again.

Griff

Back