Choices to make

Jer

MazdaNoob
OK, I am between the 6 and the wrx, and I have put up a site comaring the two with a chance for people to vote at the end. So take a look, go over the stats and the pics and vote for one or the other.

Personally, I am leaning toward the 6 and that's what I will probably end up getting, but this should be a fun unbiased poll ;)

Click here to see the stats and vote

Do you have a family, are going to be hauling four people, going on long trips. If so then I would get the 6, but Me personally I would get the WRX. I like therfact that there are many aftermarket products out for the WRX right now, if you want to start customizing your car. If you bought the 6 you would probally wait about a year for some aftermarket options.

No family yet (I am married), though hauling 4 people around is a nice option. And I am not too too worried about the aftermarket side of things, cept maybe rims and a grill, both of which I have seen the ones I would get for the 6.

But mostly it would be a commuter (keeping in mind commuter means like 30 k a year in milage)

how tall are you? anything over 6' and the Impreza will start to feel a little tight. Alos...are you going auto? Note also the price differential...the 6 is a much better value, but it'snot nearly as fast. But here's the end all be all answer, IMHO:

If you've driven both chances are that you got a feeling from one that you didn't get from the other. When I drove the MSP it didn't feel like any other car that I had ever driver before...yet, it was comfortable and not like a stranger; it was more like an old friend. Hence all other options were tabled. Good luck either way...I'm pretty sure you can't go wrong with those choices!

Not tall only 5'9" , I currently have an older impreza (99L) and really like the way that AWD drives. Though on highways it can get a bit twitchy, that being said, I haven't driven a wrx yet, but to even get it to the point where i would like it (rims, suspension) it's gonna cost me almost another 2 grand outa the box, whereas I like the 6 out of the box with 17s etc, and that will probably be the deciding factor.

dont forget about how youe insurance rates will go up if you get the turbo......plus doesnt that use premium gas?....reg unleaded for the 6 and great rates for insurance

Actully the insurance rates arn't that bad with the WRX (it's still a 4 door) But yes, the wrx does require premium, which will add like 300 a year to my gas costs.

The rate on the WRX for me compared the the 6s was about $5/6months.

I drove both and I think I would go for the WRX is I was ever going to mod the suspension and wheels.
The 6s was fast enough and was about the same in comfort, although differnt feeling of comfort, but that terrible delay in the drive by wire system made me nuts.
The WRX on the other hand without a suspension upgrade feels like it will flip over going straight. Also it isn't much more noticably fast in daily driving then a 6s was unless you are going from a dead stop to all out acceleration, otherwise that turbo is easiy cought off guard.

i was also looking at the wrx, but i chose the 6 instead. i had a faily modded civic and didn't want to "leave" the import scence. but was getting alil older. and i knew if i got the wrx every paycheck or extra dollar would be into getting it faster or keeping it on the road cuz of broken parts. IMO 6 is more a "mature" vehicle as is more grown up. drive both. stock for stock...brakes/handling/feel/stereo etc...the 6 wins hands down...as for awd and speed wrx. IMO the 6 is a waaay more balanced car then a wrx...mine was quite a bit cheaper too...base 6s manual.

Back