Need some help here fellas!

scooter

:
2002 MP5
Ok here is the deal, I just bought my p5 about two weeks ago and I am looking to modify it. The fist thing I was going to do was lower it some. I called mazda to see about the warranty on it, and they said that I can lower it if i use only Mazda parts. The salesman sent me a brochure with some mods and their were lowering springs from eibach the same ones I was going to order except I know they are gonna charge me an arm and a leg for them. So with that in mind I wanted to see if anyone else has any info on the warranty regulations. I wanted to add a carbon fiber hood, intake and exhaust also. So are all of you on this board that are adding mods to your p5's just ignoring the warranty or is there something I dont know about.
please let me know thanx fellas!

for starters Scooter.....if the dealer is selling the SAME springs...and those are the springs you wanted in the first place...get them where ever you wanted...for after they are on the car...there is no way for them to say one way or the other where they came from....as far as ignoring the warrentee? no....there are laws governing this stuff in the US....the ONLY way that a dealer can say that something has voided the warrentee...is if they can prove that the mod you performed...or part you added CAUSED the failure....if not....you are good to go...now...does that mean you won't get any grief from your dealer? no it doesn't....but many a mod are harmless as far as the IMPORTANT parts of your car are concerned....an intake isn't going to hurt anything if properly installed and made for the P-5...same for the exhaust. and IF you have any doubt about any of it?....KEEP the old stuff....if you have a major problem that you need to return to the dealer over....PUT IT ALL BACK ON! and then go to the dealer.... :{D there is more than one way to skin a cat.

Back