2003 P5

pyske

Any one have any ideas on the specs and looks of the 2003 of the P5's ?? Cause I am geting my licese soon and thinking of getting one of these babies just thinking if to get rite after or wait till the next years comes out.

Thx

It is a great car but I'm more into 4 doors so if so the Mazda 6 will be in mind but what is the price range gonna be for the Mazda 6. But still for comparisn can somebody inform me about the 2003 P

Thx

Hey wuzzup pyske, i know that there coming out with a new Sport-20 releasing in japan soon. Go to www.protegetech.com that should give you what the specs might be, because they said that if they release it in the U.S., that there gonna use the Protege5 and maybe if they're lucky they might sport the sport-20 in a sedan also.

Sport-20:
170hp Fs-ze engine
DOHC 16-valve I-4
avametic transmission
hid halogen headlights

i hope that helped. good luck on your choice!!!!:)

how's this for the 2003 p5?
I know I keep posting this...but it's all we have to go on right now
12456-or.jpg

The ones we have one are better than that newer ones but i guess all cars are taking a shape leaning towards the futuristic look. Who disagrees ? If P5 (new one sport - 20 called P5) was to come here then it would also be here with the new 170 hp engine as standard since that will effect the price how high will they jack up the price for the car ? And aswell I have checked out the site you provided I like the P5 (s-20 Wagon) manily cause of the tranny they are making standard the Automatic transmisson with the mmanual too. But I live in Canada and when is it going to come here and again what price range are we talking about here

Thx

Last edited:
This isn't futuristic. It's european. There is a big difference between asian and european styling. THat pic is very bmw/audi/mercedes styled even down to the ubiquitous silver metallic that most european cars are featured.

Notice many neon yellow bmw/audi/mercedes driving around?
Definitely an asian thing.

my 2 cents.

actually I like that...but I believe its the wagon version of another of their concepts/soon to be production models...NOT the P-5....and take a close look at the front....it is so close to the front of the Audi TT its not funny.....Stab an Audi badge on it and you could EASILY convince people that its the TT sport wagon.

:D

It reminds me of a A3 or a 1-series BMW i hope they bring the Ausi S3 to usa now that a cool car

I don't think it looks all that bad, it sure as hell would draw attention, but yeah I think that is a concept for a different vehicle line.

2003 p5

it would seem to me a little uneconomical to change anything for the 2003 model year. mazda already retooled the protege line for 2000 (or maybe 2001, can't remember) and setting everything up to bring the 5 over to north american couldn't have been cheap. to completely redesign it after only one year seems stupid. the protege line as a whole is due for retooling in 2004 ( according to motortrend mag) so it would seem logical that nothing will change until at least then. this coincides with mazdas plan to introduce the mazda 3 series to compliment the mazda 6. it would be my opinion that the prototype mazda hatch that is floating around (picture in this thread) would be the first gen mazda 3.

in any case i'm no expert and since i'll be paying for my p5 for ohhhh about 3 more years, i don't give one rats ass what comes out till 2005-2006.

cheers

Back