Rx-8

The local dealership where I live has about 7 Rx-8's in, I am gonna go take one for a test drive later today. I was looking at them already, and for 31k, plus the title license registration bs, you can get a fully loaded one...with all the options. If it wasnt for my insurance, I would buy one today...but being 19 and have a ticket and accident on my record isnt the best...one year and 3 months My record will be clean and I will be just over 21 so insurance will go down for me :), anyways Ill let ya all know how it goes.....

P.s. The RX-8 i soooooo damn nice....sucks the engines start seeing problems early....maybe they fixed it with this one(crosses fingers)....cause I noticed that the warrenty on them here is 5/55000

He's probably talking about the old 13B probs... hopefully the new porting config will take care of the old probs. I was like everybody else... I had 1 N/A 13B die, and another lose compression and watched my brother go through 4 in his Turbo II...

yeah apex seals are a b!tch...nothing that normal maintenance can't take care of...

haven't heard of any "problems" with the rx8s yet though

IM BACK!!!

I went and test drove an RX-8 like 3 days ago. I am in love! But before I get into that the whole engine thing...I was talking to the guys at the dealership and they said maz new about the "problems" with the last and I guess they fixed it. We wont know for sure cause the cars are so new that no one has the miles on one yet. So that was good to hear....

Now about the car...(omg) it was a (nuts) to drive. Before I even took it out, I talked to the sales rep for about an hour about the car, he actually seemed to know wtf he was talking about. I looked at every little inch of the car screwed with every feature(the navigation system is nice, it could keep a blonde from getting lost!) anyways. I took some of my CD with me and listened to the sound system(s). Believe it or not the factory system is better then the bose that you can get with the GT package. Now the bose did have cleaner sound, but the factory was louder (rockon) !!!

So after screwing with one I took her on the road for about an hour. In the city I live in we have some pretty nice corners(posted 20mph) I s*** you not I took the sob at 60+ and the car handled them like a dream....I about s*** myself after the first corner it was so nice. Than I took a nice road with LOTS of sharp turns that runs along the river, car sounds so nice at about 7500 rpm(or higher :) ) I dont think I slowed down on this road below 60, and it has a lot of sharp as turns. The car handled so nice, it stuck to the road like dirty socks to a homeless man. After crusing around town for awhile I hit the FWY, I was in 4th doing 115 and still wasnt redlinging, I was having so much fun...so was the sales guy that was with me...he was my age so he didnt mind! After screwing around on the FWY for awhile we finally took her back to the dealership...it took everything I had not to buy the damn thing.... :'( I WANT!!

Now there are a few things I did notice about the car...it has almost no low end. Its quick yes, but as soon as you hit what seems about 5100 rpm you get a HUGE, and I mean HUGE boost in power, and it carries you all the way up to that 9g!!!(wrc)

(bow) RX-8

Back