windows roll up automatically?

Daotan

i thought i discovered a cool feature on the 6. i turned the engine off and forgot to roll up the winders, i tried it anyway and it worked! i even did it again to show the g/f, that was a few weeks ago and for the life of me i can't get it to do it again

anybody know what i am talkin bout?

As long as you do not open the doors, you can roll the windows up for 30 seconds. After 30 seconds you lose power. Pretty cool feature.

Too bad there is not more cool features like that. That's the only one I know of.

Another cool feature I've seen in other cars is having the radio cont playing till you open the doors. All power features work inside until any door is open. Think its pretty cool and should be in all cars.

I agree! I always liked the feature on some VW/BMW/MB when you put the key in the door (which I hate doing) and turn it and keep it turned the windows would roll up or down. But I then I just added Power Window Modules to alarm and said screw you guys, I can do it through my remote, and all four windows at once!! Plus my sunroof Biiiatch!!:D

Also the radio has an automatice volume adjustment for road noise.

Listen carefully and when you get around 30 or 35 mph the radio gets louder. When you slow down back to 20 mph or so it gets softer again.

This option makes up for the road noise created from the moving vehicle.

I thought I was going crazy till I read it in the manual.

Anybody else notice this?

Those are pretty cool features, wish my P5 had that! My husband's 2002 Chevy S10 Extreme truck had the radio features where it would stay on until the doors opened and would increase volume as you go faster too. What I thought was great though was I have a 4 door sport wagon - 2 cupholders, his 2 door 2 seater truck had friggin 4 cupholders! I was so jealous... and they had those little rubber insert things so your drink wouldn't fall over... I want the rubbery insert thingies too! Shoulda jacked them when we got rid of the truck! :D

My 95 camaro would keep all interior options on until you open the door or 10 minutes, whichever came first. Jah, you said to listen closely for the radio to increase? We put ours on level 1 and it would get too loud so I turned it off.

One thing I HATE about this car is when the doors are locked you can't open them from the inside without unlocking them. Our Mazda Tribute would let you open the doors when they were locked, why not these???

thrlride said:
My 95 camaro would keep all interior options on until you open the door or 10 minutes, whichever came first. Jah, you said to listen closely for the radio to increase? We put ours on level 1 and it would get too loud so I turned it off.

One thing I HATE about this car is when the doors are locked you can't open them from the inside without unlocking them. Our Mazda Tribute would let you open the doors when they were locked, why not these???

Then never turn it on Level 3! It will blow you out of the car. It strats to get really loud @ 40mph. Don't know about the locks, my Protege5 never did it either. Not very safe I suppose.

REMillers said:
Another cool feature I've seen in other cars is having the radio cont playing till you open the doors. All power features work inside until any door is open. Think its pretty cool and should be in all cars.

My friend's caddy had that...he used to yell at me when opened the door.

My dad has a Lincoln LS. I don't know how they work but the car has automatic windsheild wipers. It's sweet as hell. They get faster when it rains harder and everything.

pro5man said:
My dad has a Lincoln LS. I don't know how they work but the car has automatic windsheild wipers. It's sweet as hell. They get faster when it rains harder and everything.

There is usually a little moisture sensor behind the rearview mirror (so you can't see it). Depending upon the amount of moisture you have on the windshield determines how fast they work... Pretty neat little device. ;)

Another thing on feature-wishlist is auto-up-and-down windows, and that thing where you hold a button down and it rolls your windows down before you reach the car. I've used it with varying degrees of success on my ACK-ord, since it gets around 105 around here...

thrlride said:
Our Mazda Tribute would let you open the doors when they were locked, why not these???

This is a classic Ford feature and the Tribute being a rebadged Escape has it. Doesn't seem to be a good idea to me.

Back