2002 lancer?

not really, not the best but not the worst, none to my knowledge, if it's in your price range sure, but you could get a used 300zx twin turbo for the same price. all depends on what you want/need in the car.

I'd say hold on to your money. What car do you have right now? If I get another car it will be something with more of an aftermarket to tap into.

if you really like the lancer...i'd save your money and wait the the EVO...supposed to be coming out in 2003....unfortunately...once again we get screwed in the US...we get the detuned version...but i suppose its an evo nonetheless

my friend has an OZ rally lancer, and there's just one word to discribe it..... slow. i guess that they can be made fast with some of those rmr mods that are available at dealers now, but whats the point, if you really want a lancer, wait until next year and get a real one. ie: evo......

ill take a black one, and a white one, and a blue one, and a red one and.....

Attachments

• evo7-colors.jpg
    evo7-colors.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 152
I looked at the 01 lancer when I was looking for the MP3. Didn't look at the lancer for very long though. I started laughing when the dealer said "It's got 120 HP". I thought he was joking. I thought the 140 in the MP3 was bad. He wasn't joking, and was a little pissed. (Like I really cared.) It didn't look (to me) as good as the MP3 either.
Anyway, I know someone who has one. He says it is slow as hell. He's not much into mods, so he's rather disappointed with it.
Just a thought.
IMHO, save the money and wait a little.
:cool:

Yes, the lancer has a bit more aftermarket available, but don't expect to get much HP out of the SOHC motor. That's pure garbage. The car they have featured on Overboost net 170 at 7psi. I guess that's fine, but I'd be a little disappointed. It does look pretty cool though. I say lose some of the blue paint.

Hmm The Lancer.. Well at least I can say my wife drives it.. and not me.. heh.. They are OK If you do get one I would get the OZ package, with the cheapest OZ rims, and then go get different ones yourself. Other than that the Trim inside the car sux unless you get the OZ package.. Believe me I have to drive it sometimes when we go somewhere and at least it has some style.

Oh and to add on top of the other post ... She got the Lancer instead of the WRX because it wasnt as fast ( scary as she said ) .. No s***.... My wife needs to go to a shrink.. But hey if shes happy then that means shes not crabbing at me........

Last edited:
i actually went to the dealership and asked about the EVO and there are going to me 1800 in the US and every dealer is getting 2 at least.... the dealership is taking the highest bidders and one of them have been paid for and the dude payed 60 grand for it.. there are bids up into the 70's at other dealerships... some people are F*ing stupid and deserve to get their pocketbooks raped.....

Back