Auto start & Auto trunk release

davedag

I'm thinking about installing an auto-start and/or auto-trunk release. any opinoins or ideas anyone can share?

If you want a remote starter you must have an automatic. I'm guessing that's what you mean by "auto start"

I have installed a remote trunk release on my mp3. i love it. it's so convenient. i got the solenoid from ebay. just search for a trunk release kit. it works through my alarm and required an extra relay for my alarm (an alpine sec-8028). the extra relay depends on the type of alarm you have, though. feel free to email any questions. hope this helps.

If you want a remote starter you must have an automatic.
Not entirely accurate. Mazda was nice enough to put a neutral trigger wire on our transmission. It's been too long to remember the color, though. Look on the driver side of the engine, a two wire connector on a gold colored bracket. One wire is black, the other one (some variation of pink, purple, or blue) is the trigger. Shows ground when the tranny is in neutral.

oh, my system does something different.. the whole "reservation" thing. like, you need to put in neutral, pull handbrake, let go of normal brake remove keys (car is still running now), get out of car, close all doors. car stops, arms automatically. now you can remote start. unless you open a door then it disables it. I guess I'll tell him aboot the neutral wire, sounds easier.

my system does something different.. the whole "reservation" thing. like, you need to put in neutral, pull handbrake, let go of normal brake remove keys (car is still running now), get out of car, close all doors. car stops, arms automatically. now you can remote start. unless you open a door then it disables it.
Yeah, Clifford does that, and I think Compustar but I'm not sure. There's probably others, too.
You remember Snomongoose? He showed me the neutral trigger wire.

You can also access the trigger wire on the car's ECU if it's convinient. That's what I had done on my MX-6. It's just a bit harder to find there if you don'thave the electrical schematics.

Back