Contributor
:
2002 Protege 5 Turbo
(notcool)

Attachments

• compare.jpg
    compare.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 1,026
They have similar lines, agreed. However, a comparison with them in person, so you can do the whole walk around, might yeild a different response. I am guessing the 3 would win hands down.

The top picture looks like a Lexus (430 I think).

The bottom picture looks like a fuggin Ponticrap Vibe.

I like the top pic not the bottom. Yes I know its the same car, some pics just dont do it justice.

smithers_0990 said:
Yes I know its the same car, some pics just dont do it justice.

uh, the top car is the Mazda3, bottom is Pontiac Vibe.

they may look similar in window design (particularly rear panel/D pillar), but I think the 3 will have a much lower profile!

Actually, I've always thought the Vibe looked much better than its sibling, the Matrix, with the exception of the egregiou s Pontiac nose. A big improvement over the ugly Asstek, but anything is better than that mistake.

IMHO, the Mazda 3 looks better, and as the PR claims, is more European in style. I'd still need to see it in person to really decide how much I like it. So far, I prefer the P5.

talk, talk, talk, You haven't seen it yet. Wait. You will be suprised, It's a Mazda. Not a GM.

Mazda is responsible to develop the 4 cylinder, for duratec. team duratec is responsible for the development of the 6 cylinder. All the Ford motor company affiliate (Mazda, Volvo...) will use these engine. Volvo is responsible for the security in the vehicle
The suspension and tranny on the Mazda 3, are SOLELY made by Mazda engeneering team
And of corse, design is purely Mazda.
Well That about says is for the powertrain. Mazda!

The tail lights SUCK!!!! I think that the tail lights were one of the more appealing featrues of the P5. Why oh why did they change it so drastically?

What none of you grasp is the size difference. The Toyota Matrix / Pontiac Vide is a size up from the Mazda 3 / Ford Focus / Volvo S40, V50, and XC50.

A closer comparison would be the http://www.autobild.de/aktuell/neuh...3930&A_SESS=5c86def609eb427bd470920326af5a8b# Mazda 4, which is the replacement for the outgoing http://www.autobild.de/suche/artikel.php?artikel_id=596 Mazda Premacy. These are the European & Japanese market small-sized mini-vans based on the Mazda 3 and Mazda Familia / 323 / Protege chassis respectively.

i think i'm one of the few people that actually likes the new 3. it's tough to compare the 3 to the vibe. the vibe is obviously taller, but the lines are somewhat the same.

mountjonas said:
i think i'm one of the few people that actually likes the new 3. it's tough to compare the 3 to the vibe. the vibe is obviously taller, but the lines are somewhat the same.
The only people I've heard of who don't like the 3 are current P5 owners. Everyone else I've heard from thinks it looks great. Hmmm...

i just dont like the back...see on the p5 the crease in the body is very small, on the 3 its huge...i dont like that...but everything else i like

ChrisJ said:
The only people I've heard of who don't like the 3 are current P5 owners. Everyone else I've heard from thinks it looks great. Hmmm...

I think the MSP owners would be just as bummed if Mazda turned their car into a Corolla S, because that's what their doing to the P5. It's now bigger, heavier more softly sprung...The zoom zoom has beed amputated. :(

Not only that, but as azeli just demonstrated, it looks like pretty much every other wagon/suv hybrid out there.

Back