RX-8 Wheel size/bolt pattern/offset?

03P5

Does anyone know these specs? Its five bolt, so I imagine the same as the other Mazda's at 5x114.3, but what about the offset and the rim width?

Anyone know?

just curious, why do you want to know? you gonna try to get some rims for your p5?

Sure, why not? I like that style of thicker five spoke, and the ones I really want, the ACE Zeus', don't fit. I imagine these would be cheaper to purchase as well than the limited ed. Racing Hart's from the Mazdaspeed.

on the mazda website it says they are 18x8JJ whatever the hell the JJ means...i think they might have a 16x7.5JJ option youll have to check it out...i dunno if the JJ is an offset code or what...but at least you know the size...www.mazdausa.com

A single J describes the surface shape where the tire mounts the rim around the lip. JJ usaully means it is for 4x4's because of the extra lip for extreme abuse when offroading. If you look at the back of many rims, you will see the J stamped in. They may be using JJ type rims for cornering stablity,ie. so the tire won't roll off the rim during high speed cornering. It could also mean that they have a "run flat" tire as an option. Its hard to keep a tire on a rim when it is flat.

If they are 18x8's I guess they are too wide to fit, even with the proper offset, bummer, I like the style.

Back