Online gaming?

hixtrix

Are there any other hard core online gamers out there? I am particularly addicted to Asheron's Call and Wolfenstein Castle- in that order. I just bought a new computer for the simple fact that my old one would not be able to run AC2 coming out in the winter. The Mechwarrior series is pretty fun as well, but the hacks and cheats out there get to be a bit much for me...

I'm a video gaming freak! I've had DSL now for about 5 years almost and got it pretty much only so I could play online games...back then it was like 75 bux a month and I wasn't rich so it was a big sacrifice.

For online gaming I have been into all the Blizzard games....Warcraft 2, Starcraft, Diablo and Diablo 2, also played a lot of first person shooters....Quake 2 and Quake 3 a lot, Unreal Tournament and back in the day I played a lot of Descent and Descent 2. I don't like having to pay all the money so much anymore to keep up with my computer to handle the games so have pretty much fallen off on that unfortunately....whenever I get a new computer I'll be back in it again I guess lol.

Oh yeah online cards like cribbage is fun too! :D

I'm having mine rebuilt as we speak- by the time it is done, I will have a 1.7G Athlon, 40G hard drive, GeForce2, 320Ram (+ the 64 on the g-card), and lots of other little goodies. I'm upgrading from a K6 500Meg Aptiva POS- so I can't wait to get it back (today or tomorrow). Gaming will be taken to a whole new level... and the best part is the fact that it's cheap, >$400 US. Would have been cheaper if I woulda had a a better case- but the Aptiva was my first comp- ya live and ya learn...

I used to be a diehard kind of gamer, but I never upgraded my computer so.. I kinda got left behind.

Warcraft II, Starcraft, EverQuest, Half-Life, Counter Strike, all supah fun games, but my comp can't handle 'm.. and with the EQ expansion, it fawked stuff up and the game froze every time I tried to play.. so I let a guy get all the stuff back from twinking me and shut down my account. Makes me kind of sad. :(

Not too much of an online gamer, but I've always had fast computers. I like to shop around and find mismarked stuff. Went to staples in December and found the one I'm currently on. I don't usually buy name brand, but I found this HP Pavilion 7970 mismarked for $500 (a $1200 box) Instantly bought it. Bonus is my company has a technology program that reimburses you 25% of the purchase price for a computer. :) Got the whole thing for under $400. 60G HD, P IV 1.6Ghz proc, 128Mb RDRAM(I know that's sad), and a load of other goodies. :)

:cool:

I started out with the Atari moved to Nintindo, then discovered playstation(Best Console EVER!) and recently I found the wonderful bliss of the Computer! I always thought I would never learn all of the controls of a computer to be competitive in online gaming but I was wrong. I am currently trying to master the game Counte-Strike which is just an awsome First Person Shooter. If we could only get all of the lame a$$ cheaters playing something else it would really rock.
I also have bought the Playstation 2 which is awsome for what it is but it just can't compete with Online Gaming. :D

I play Everquest :) I started in Dec of 99 and still play. I quit for a little while, play off and on. My total play time on my highest character is 72 days and some change. Yes thats right, 72 days total I have spent playing that damn game! And I am still not lvl 60!! Just hit lvl 56 =)

I'm into PC games...such as Counter Strike, Firearms, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Porsche unleashed, I love Red Alert 1+2, and some other games I can't remember at this time...PC games and graphics kick serious ass...esp with the right equipment! :D

Well it won't be by me....I think really the next leader in the console market will be the one who can get their online gaming working properly first. By properly tho I also mean hopefully no subscriptions or anything dumb like that. I just spent money on the console, the game and now you want me to pay to play too? That's lame I think...at the very most I could see paying a subscription to play any game on a MS network for instance.

well i've been reading that MS is going to roll out the broadband network this summer, where as sony still isn't ready.......dunno...

as for price and stuff....yer right paying out the arse 3 or 4 times out just to play online isn't cool

Well according to this article it's supposed to out around April 16th. : GTA3

Kinda funny because I was planning on renting it for the PS2 this weekend as I heard it was a great game.

Back from the grave!!

I'm just getting addicted to PS3's "Resistance: Fall of Man"

Anybody in a Clan looking for newbs to mold?

Back