Rear Protege5 Emblem

AlienMP5

Okay, I had this great idea to take the emblems off my P5. To my surprise there are two holes in the hatch with plastic grommets in them under the P5 emblem...... FU*K!!
Does anyone know of emblems out there that are different than dealer and still work to cover these holes?:mad:

Sorry to hear about your frustration. What were your plans once the emblems were off? Replaceing them with homemade ones or just leaveing it blank? I really like the Protege5 one, not crazy about the Mazda one. But I like the current layout.

You might be interested in this thread on the protegeclub.com forums. You could buy a replacement MP5 emblem modeled after the MP3 badge.

Last edited:
I saw a ZX2 "Type R VTEC" last weekend.
Or so the stickers said. Ford must have good spies in honda.
Now I'm waiting to see a "Protege5 Type R VTEC".

After I told one of the guys at work that Zoom-Zoom stickers were available, he said he'd beat me if he saw one on my car.

Personally, I'm waiting to see somebody take the P off the MP3 badge to make their car into an M3. Maybe MP3 owners have more self-respect than that.

Haha Better yet, you could take the 5 off the P5 emblem, move it to the right, toss in a "type" badge and from far away it would look like Protege type S.

Sorry, Went on vacation after the post :)

I was hoping to get them off in one piece and have them painted silver to match the car. I certainly don't want to try and take off the MAZDA emblem now, but should I change my mind, does anyone know if it has the holes behind it?

Attachments

• dmn holes.jpg
    dmn holes.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 326
Thanks Mark.
PS- to anyone out there wanting to take emblems off- they are very difficult to get off in one piece!

Both tape & pins. Used to work at a dealership and I've taken emblems off alot of other cars and this tape was BY FAR the strongest.
Thanks Gyre for the link, looks like that's a great option!

rear emblems

I am thinking that finding the European 323F bage forthe back would be a cool repacement idea.It looks like it would go right into the same holes and everything.

Gyre said:
You might be interested in this thread on the protegeclub.com forums. You could buy a replacement MP5 emblem modeled after the MP3 badge.

I'm the one who designed these emblems, they look sweet on my car...and it does cover the 2 holes from the stock emblem.

AlienMP5 said:
Thanks vkyolv. Good job on the design, pics look great!
Is everyone buying them thru Mitch?

Yeah just get with Mitch, We wouldn't even have these emblems if I didn't have his help......

Back