Rate the Moderators of this Community!

Moderators of this Community are...?

• Great overall!

Votes: 41 25.8%
  • Good overall...

Votes: 38 23.9%
  • Not bad but could be better...

Votes: 13 8.2%
  • Get on my nerves sometimes but they mean well...

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • A few are great but most could be better...

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • Are not that helpful...

Votes: 12 7.5%
  • Most of them are fine but a few bother me...

Votes: 16 10.1%
  • Not really doing any \"modding\" in my Favorite forum

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Like forum \"nazis\"

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • Great mods compared to other boards I visit...

Votes: 7 4.4%

• Total voters

Antoine

Administrator
It's time to get the Moderators of this Community back on track and focused. I would like to know how the members of this site currently feel about our Mods and their effectiveness of keeping things on track.

This is important for everyone to take seriously and contribute some feedbackafter all this is your community. I will not tolerate any posts that are hateful, negative or utter crapthey will be deleted. If you have issues with a Mod or Mods make it Constructive Criticism!

Please understand that being a Moderator is not easy and often involves tough decisions. These decisions can make some members angry or fee unfair but sometimes this is needed to maintain a fun and friendly environment.

I would like everyone to benefit from each other as well as contribute to this community. We must work together to make this community strong and successful.

Please VOTE and post your feedback!

I don't even notice who is/isn't a moderator until it's mentioned in a thread. Obviously, I don't pay attention to the moderator listing in the header of the page.

I don't see much editing/moving, however, I have noticed Dexter is organizing a MSP FAQ. Not sure if it's just something he had planned or if it's related to the moderator thing, but it's nice either way. The other moderators seem to just lurk around and not do much or so it seems to me..

EDIT: I also feel we need to lay down some rules about flaming and initiating fights. All too many times I've seen (and admittedly taken part in) threads getting totally taken over by a stupid fight. Fun at first, but we do not need new members to be reading that stuff...

Last edited:
i would say i only know of two mods, you and sir nuke...everyone else, like tease says, are rarely around...so to judge them is hard, but generally speaking im pleased...no one in the forums i visit (p5, perf, appear, how-to, rims/susp, fs/gb) seems to be "power hungry" which is what you normally have complaints about...i was a moderator and league administrator for the online gaming league IGS if anyone is familiar with it...it IS a lot of work so i understand completely

Yeah, Sir Nuke is very nice to the new guys... Although his greeting is a bit strange. As I was typing this up, I remembered phaudio became a moderator recently and he did stop some flaming and closed the thread, so kudos to him, too.

im sure my "moved threads" thread may make mods think i dont like them, but thats not true. i respect our mods and what they do even if i have a difference of opinion now and then. ;)

Theres a huge variety in mods here which is interesting. some you barely see posting like redwagon, and some dont stop... like 1st and nuke. ;)

and yeah, the greeting is weird. but i guess its a tradition. :p

RazorP5 said:
i didnt know 1st was a mod hes always around
Exactly. Do some of these mods know that when we refer to "sleepers", we mean the cars and not them? Not that I want a bunch of powertripping mods everywhere, as is the case at another forum, but it's still nice to know who is/isn't a moderator.
Maybe something under their avatar like the "Donated: $xx.xx" thing for a moderator?

I've been a member here over a year and visit daily but don't post too often. I'm a convert from MX6.com, which started out as a small forum and has grown faster than it can keep up with. I've always thought it was under-moderated. That and it is a full time job over there.

I agree with t3ase in that sometimes it's hard to tell who is a moderator. I'm accustomed to a site where only moderators are allowed to have custom titles / avatars but I guess that's one of the perks of this great site.

I only visit the P5 forum and occasionally the MP3 and MSP forums but am happy with the level moderation there.

Mods are doing good job in keeping up with the forum threads. We need to do something about all the flames.... There are too many stupid posts and then there are some good once that gets lots cause of the new "stupid" junk.

Mods are doing good job in keeping up with the forum threads. We need to do something about all the flames.... There are too many stupid posts and then there are some good once that gets lots cause of the new "stupid" junk.

yup, what alexlitov said. Everything get's buried in flames and pointless posts. If mods could yank more negative posts and slim down the number or worthless comments and flames the forum may be easier to navigate, enjoy, and gather info from.

I never have anything to moderate in the photo/video forum :(

All the other mods do a great job from what I can tell.

well, I really don't know which guys are mods to tuff, but I know derrick is .. met him before in person , cool guy ..
I think the site itself could do with some minor organization..
-The mazdaspeed section could use some more sections because there are a billion topics in that one section ..
- site needs a kills section..
- some members language needs to be moderated. :eek:
- attention should be paid to the site suggestion area.
- I almost forgot the flames :( I have never seen so many.. call 911

Overall I think it is a good site. I visit a lot more than I used to .. and I like it here. I read in the mazdaspeed section so much it is not even funny..
I think I am falling in love with that car,, not the constant problems though ..
oh well
thanks and later
Bruce

Last edited:
i for one think that the moderators do a damn good job here. for the amount of traffic we get here, and all the stuff that gets double and triple posted, all the flame wars, and the like.

i think we are doing great as a community, and will continue to thrive, despite some problem starters here and there, but thats ANY forum you go to.

i was called a forum nazi by a new member, but i know it isn't true, i simply try to REMIND people that the site does have rules, and there are certain guidelines that our members are supposed to abide by.

*stepping off soap-box* thats my 2.7 cents($usd)
btw: i'm an admin, not a moderator (bluemp3)

(admin)hehe ;)

As far as I'm concerned, the mods are doing a good job. I figure it's one of those thankless jobs where no one notices when you are DOING your job, only when you're not doing it.

Being that I can read the P5 forum in peace without having to read A/V crap, or How to Install My Undercarriage Neons d00d, I figure someone is doing their job.

:)

On a side note, I think there should be a defined way to become a moderator if one is interested... like a Moderator Guide and Application or something. I'd like to know the process by which moderators are selected.

Id have to say that the mods are doing a good job overall. Most of their "interference" goes unnoticed, which is a good thing. I also just want to say that I love the freedom that we are given on this site(ex. so many personalization options).

But like some of the others said, good posts are being buried under crap posts quite often. I have to admit, I'm sure I'm guilty of that once or twice. Also, I think people should be reminded to make a new thread instead of jacking everyone elses threads to get questions answered. It makes the thread hard to follow sometimes, and more often than not, changes the topic alltogether. People have good questions, but when two good topics get buried within one another through thread jacking, it's hard to find them through the search. Which is why I think the search button is rarely used. But thats my opinion. Either way this forum is one of the best forums I've ever been on!

Love the mods here. A sign of a good mod is not noticing that you're being moderated.

Except for that Antoine guy, what an asshole!!!!!!! Jeez!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D

Good job, all y'all. The work here is uniformly good.

A kills forum would be good to clear up server space.

Congrats mods on a job well done. (drinks)

Oh antonie :D
Time to reconsider (thumb)

1. "I don't see much editing/moving, however, I have noticed Dexter is organizing a MSP FAQ. Not sure if it's just something he had planned or if it's related to the moderator thing, but it's nice either way. The other moderators seem to just lurk around and not do much or so it seems to me.."

2. "EDIT: I also feel we need to lay down some rules about flaming and initiating fights. All too many times I've seen (and admittedly taken part in) threads getting totally taken over by a stupid fight. Fun at first, but we do not need new members to be reading that stuff."

3. "yup, what alexlitov said. Everything get's buried in flames and pointless posts. If mods could yank more negative posts and slim down the number or worthless comments and flames the forum may be easier to navigate, enjoy, and gather info from."

4. "-The mazdaspeed section could use some more sections because there are a billion topics in that one section ..
- site needs a kills section..
- some members language needs to be moderated.
- attention should be paid to the site suggestion area.
- I almost forgot the flames I have never seen so many.. call 911"

5. "But like some of the others said, good posts are being buried under crap posts quite often. I have to admit, I'm sure I'm guilty of that once or twice. Also, I think people should be reminded to make a new thread instead of jacking everyone elses threads to get questions answered. It makes the thread hard to follow sometimes, and more often than not, changes the topic alltogether. People have good questions, but when two good topics get buried within one another through thread jacking, it's hard to find them through the search. Which is why I think the search button is rarely used. But thats my opinion. "

In my opinion only the MSP section needs some more cleaning. It has been the repeditive PITA!

Most everything else is more settlled at this point as it is older.

We have alot of great members here too. I love the fact that I can go away for a few days and know the peoples questions will gert answered in the audio forum. I have so many members helping out day to day its great. Not to mention the broad scope of opinoins and experiece make it even better. I think its amazing that most audio sections of boards are the most Flame War driven parts of most sites yet here its always stays constructive and informative.

Last edited:
Back