painting the dash trim

I am new to the forum and was wondering if anyone out there new how to paint the trim in the p5's. I have silver trim around the inside on the doors and around the radio and I wanted to change it to red. I.E. what kind of paint would I need, and what is the safest way to do it? I don't know if this has been brought up before or not, I just wanted to get some info on how to spruce up the inside just a bit more. Please be thorough with responses, I love cars but I am not very good at working on them for some reason. :D

02 red p5
02 acura 3.2tl type-s

I got a silver p5 and I painted my trim around the (used to be radio now 6.0" screen), the shifter, door handles, and around the window controls silver. It was really easy, all of the parts basically pop off and i used masking tape to tape off the carbon fiber and make sure you take out all of the control buttons. I used a couple coats of automotive interior spray paint and a couple coats of spray laquior. It came out looking great!
E-mail me if you want to know more. jmccown@email.com

Good luck!

silver p5
way to many to list

When I painted the instrument panel and the dash around the stereo I used my Air Brush. I just used Model paint and a clear coat.

Back