custom leather interior

Any1 know where I can get the 2 tones custom leather interior for my 6, the dealer is tryin to have me pay $1700 for them to get it and install it. Any1 know any place where I can get it cheaper, and also any body kits out there cheaper the what the dealer is charing?

I concur with the Katzkin recommendation. I have one of their kits on another car. If you didn't know, you would think is was stock.

You can install katzkin yourself if you have some great help, hog ring pliers, and hog rings. It will take the better part of a day for an amatuer such as myself but the finished product is top notch if you take your time.

I have yet to do my door inserts and will most likely have a professional do those for me.

You are more than welcome to ask specific questions if you are considering doing the install yourself.

Just a general note * be careful, the metal in the seats is deadly sharp!

IMO no, but with the MSP it's not an option. Stock in this case is better because of fit and finish. Much like many mods on a car doing this yourself has it's own rewards. It will come out very nice if you do a good job but the stock fit can't be beat.

dliao said:
Would you guys recommend it over the stock leather seat?

Heathen23 said:
IMO no, but with the MSP it's not an option. Stock in this case is better because of fit and finish. Much like many mods on a car doing this yourself has it's own rewards. It will come out very nice if you do a good job but the stock fit can't be beat.

I would say it depends on the shop that performs the installation. I have seen some shops work that beats the pants off any factory leather. And I have seen some that looks like a one-eyed chimp without opposable thumbs installed it. ;)

Back