Random head Unit Dimming

Grim013

I Have a pioneer DEH-6400, recently installed this weekend. As I drive around, the unit radomly switches between night and day mode.

First, I snipped the "Illumniation" wire, to see if I accidently connected it wrong... Still happened...

Second, I turned the "Dimmer" mode on the head unit to "Off" and it still does it..

So I'm figureing that I have a bad head unit, however, I was talking to somone else, and they said this happened on their Kenwood.. So I'm thinking this might be a wiring problem.. Anyone have any ideas what might cause this?

- Miker

head unit dimming

relax man, I just purchased the same head unit, and there is nothing wrong with it. it's an option that you can turn on and off. All you have to do is:
1. turn your head unit off. (hold down source)
2. hold down the "5" button until you hear a beep.
3. turn it back on, and then it will not continue. questions? hit me up. peace

How, in the hell, is that an option... Seriously.. That is the most annoying thing in the world...

Apparently, my Pionner didn't come with the free hit of acid to allo wme to enjoy it.. :) I'm gunna head out and test to see if that fixes it. Thanks!

- Miker

(How ever, I can see it being useful if your falling asleep at the wheel to help keep you awake... ;) )

yeah let me know if that works. you should hear the beep after you hold down the #5 button. let me know i should be on here for a few more hours.

Back