Fog Light Questions.............

Jah

Is it a fog light for the Mazda6?
fbaa705a.jpg

Did all models come with fog lights?

The models that didn't come with fog light, is it a fake buld?
It appears to look real, but there is no way to turn it on that I know of.

What would need to be done in order to get this option working?

Thanks,:)

That's what I figured, However I don't have the option on my Mazda6 but it looks like there is a bulb in there. (IS IT A FAKE BULB?).

What would it take to get these to work?

Are all the componets there except the switch?

yes, I'm sure the bulb was put in when the headlight was assembled. I bet it is missing wires, relay and switch.

That is the fog light if you have the sport package. There is a bulb in there, but it doesn't work. You can make it work, but you would pretty much have to create your switch. I am not sure about the wiring. It MIGHT be there, I am going to verify it tonight. Will post pics soon. :)

The Mazda 6s that I'm picking up tomorrow has two fog lights underneath the two headlight sets. These fog lights are on the bottom of the car, to the left and right of the lower grill. Most of them don't come with the fog lights down there and instead have two little grill pieces instead.

So technically, my car has 10 frigging bulbs on the front of it. Talk about overkill....

I was guessing that one of the 4 bulbs on the headlight set was just for cosmetics, cause seriously, there's too many lights, especially for people like me who got a package that came with fog lights on the bottom..

Now that I think about it some more, I think it may be cool to make a mod for the car that would replace the lower fog lights that mine is coming with, with daytime running lights that can also serve as turning indicators, like all those GM cars have these days. Probably would only look good on certain colors though..

Hmm...

Last edited:
CarJacked said:
The Mazda 6s that I'm picking up tomorrow has two fog lights underneath the two headlight sets. These fog lights are on the bottom of the car, to the left and right of the lower grill. Most of them don't come with the fog lights down there and instead have two little grill pieces instead.

So technically, my car has 10 frigging bulbs on the front of it. Talk about overkill....

I was guessing that one of the 4 bulbs on the headlight set was just for cosmetics, cause seriously, there's too many lights, especially for people like me who got a package that came with fog lights on the bottom..

Now that I think about it some more, I think it may be cool to make a mod for the car that would replace the lower fog lights that mine is coming with, with daytime running lights that can also serve as turning indicators, like all those GM cars have these days. Probably would only look good on certain colors though..

Hmm...

You still only have the lows, highs, & fogs that work. The "extra" set of fogs in the headlight assembly doesn't work. But it does have a bulb in it. Pretty stupid that they even put a bulb in it IMO. A complete waste of money on Mazda's part.

Last edited:
These fog lights are on the bottom of the car, to the left and right of the lower grill. Most of them don't come with the fog lights down there and instead have two little grill pieces instead.

OK this is why I asked in the first place. I have seen the fogs in the bumper as stated above. Now why in the hell would MAZDA offer two different options of FOG Lights.

1st Option: Fogs in headlight housing (as stated in owners manual)

2nd Option: Fogs in Bumper as stated above.

Frigg'n weird!

So if anybody come up with what it takes (cost/pieces) to get the Fog's in the headlights to work for those people who didn't get it as an option please share!

Jah said:

OK this is why I asked in the first place. I have seen the fogs in the bumper as stated above. Now why in the hell would MAZDA offer two different options of FOG Lights.

1st Option: Fogs in headlight housing (as stated in owners manual)

2nd Option: Fogs in Bumper as stated above.

Frigg'n weird!

So if anybody come up with what it takes (cost/pieces) to get the Fog's in the headlights to work for those people who didn't get it as an option please share!

I am working on it. Hopefully have something to post by the end of the week.

Alright I picked up the car today, loving it, but I asked them about the fog light on top before I left (thanks to this thread).

The salesman I talked to said that the only Mazda 6 vehicles that have the foglights on top working are the ones that came with the SPORTS PACKAGE or so.

He showed me on mine that the signal lever (the lever to the left of the steering wheel) has an additional fog light switch to turn on my lower fog lights, but on the sports packages which don't come with lower fog lights, this switch is supposed to turn on the fog lights in the casing. He didn't take me to another car to prove this to me, but I was too excited at the moment to care.

Dunno if he's right or wrong, but it doesn't really bother me much regardless. Like I said before, on my car at least, I think there are too many bulbs as it is.

He's wrong. Every person I have talked to has said that it is in the same place (on the stalk with the headlight switch). The fogs in the headlights only work with the Sport Package & and with any other 6 that does not have the extra fogs in the lower front fascia.

Originally posted by Mazdaspeed6S
The fogs in the headlights only work with the Sport Package & and with any other 6 that does not have the extra fogs in the lower front fascia.

I thought you just got through saying that they don't work on any other 6. Didn't you just say that the only way they work is if you own a 6 that came with the Sports Package but didn't include the lower fog lights?

At any rate, I've got a connection to someone that works in a rice...err..I mean...automobile lighting shop and I'm sure if I take the car to him he can get those two bulbs working for me.

I'm apathetic towards it right now though..

CarJacked said:

I thought you just got through saying that they don't work on any other 6. Didn't you just say that the only way they work is if you own a 6 that came with the Sports Package but didn't include the lower fog lights?

Sorry if I wasn't clear. The foglights only work in the headlight assembly if you:

A. Have the Sport Package
B. Do not have the secondary set of fogs in the lower front bumper

I am going to see if I can get the foglights in the headlight assembly to work since they do not function on my car, which has the secondary set of fogs in the lower front bumper.

Do they function in any non sport package 6 without lower fog lights?

I bought mine and they told me the fog lights were integrated in the headlights, but yes, I have no way to turn them on (or maybe I'm retarded, but I can't get the car away from my wife long enough to find out). Very curious now.

All 6's have foglights (some integrated in the headlight assembly, some in the lower front bumper - see pic in my sig)...

On the same stalk as your headlights and turn signals should be the switch. On the inner portion of it. It should be there...

The non sport version of the 6 doesn't have the wiring or switch for the integrated foglights. There may be a bulb in there but there is no way to turn it on.

aprivats said:
The non sport version of the 6 doesn't have the wiring or switch for the integrated foglights. There may be a bulb in there but there is no way to turn it on.

Sure there is. You just have to be willing to put in the work to do it. :)

On the same stalk as your headlights and turn signals should be the switch. On the inner portion of it. It should be there...

I don't have the switch mang. :(

Anybody spent the time & effort yet to get these puppy's to work?

How is it hooked up with the sports package, does it use the same connector, can someone with the sports package take a pic?

Odds are that if you don't have the sports package OR the Lower fogs, you will need to run a new power feed from the fuse box, if there are availible feeds.

Back