North American Mazda Meet in June

mazdamp3_18

:
06 gti, 06 evo IX
Ok well since the two boards are joined now maybe i can get more people interested in this. right now weve got about 25 or so people wanting to come. Im inviting Every Mazda make, and probes. it is going to be June 21st through june 23rd. were going to have an auto x, drag racing at the local drag strip, a car show or a cruise, and a banquet or dinner of some sort. i want to make this a huge thing b/c there are possibly some magazines coming to do some articles on it. Either way whoever comes is going to have a blast and im putting a lot of effort and time into this and i want it to work.

hope to see you there

Chris

Excellent idea. Now edit your post and tell people WHERE it's going to be! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'll be there!

Hey, sounds like a great idea to me. I'm from Lima, Ohio...so a trip to Michigan won't be much. I'll try to spread the word to other people's I know that own Mazda's or Probes!

mazdamp3_18...THANK YOU!...lol...finally...are those dates truly set? How are you promoting this? Who is coming in terms of car groups (ex: mp3's, p5's, protege's, other makes?
etc etc). I hope people will commit and actually go!

Hey mazdamp3_18

Its about time someone set something up for a meet. I am totally interested in this. So what you need to do now is make a list of how many are definately gonna be there. I think it might be in your best interest to take down names and email addys for all that are interested. If you do that keep me posted. I would love to be there. My email addy is engine592@aol.com

Brian
2002 vivid Yellow MP5

why in michigan

if your going to have a meet why is it in michigan thats a long distance for most to make up north including me here in texas. doubt your going to have a great turn out.

Seriously,.... and what's there to do in Michigan. It should be somewhere warm like Florida. Just my opinion.

answer this for me... why would i want to plan a meet that will be 24 hours of a drive from where i live.... personally even if one mazda shows up ill be happy... i just want to have fun with the mazda family.... im not looking to impress anyone and if you wont make the drive to the meet then fine.... its your loss.... and there is a lot to do here in Ann Arbor... nor does it really matter b/c were having an auto x, and dragging, and possibly testing and tuning if there is enough interest... and there a quite a few people making a drive to come to this... almost all of the toronto protege club is coming, a club from FLORIDA is coming, a cuple people from MA are coming, a lot of mazda's are coming from ohio, and about 15 rx7's from canada and michigan are coming, along with a cuple MX-6's, 2 MX-3's, some probes, a 626, a turboed subaru legasy, a few neons (even though their not mazdas..) but there a a lot of people planning on coming to the meet.

Don't know if I'll make it or not, but I think it's a great idea! At least someone has the initiative to plan all of this and get things organized. If you all want to complain about the location, plan one for yourself! Go through all of the trouble of getting a drag site, reserving a lot for the autocross, assisting the people with directions and locations to stay, and getting all of the equipment and such for all of the events. Until then, don't complain about the location, just make the trip and be happy someone has taken the time and energy needed to get all of this done.
And for those of you who ask the question of what is there to do in Michigan, have you ever been there? It does get hot in the summer, and if I remember my elementary geography, they have a couple little lakes in the area also. Maybe you've heard of them?
Anyway, I'm sure there is something everyone would be interested up there somewhere. I used to take a couple weeks each summer for vacation in MI, and I don't ever remember being bored. Things can only be as fun as you make them.
Ok, enough venting. Congrats on the expected turnout. Hope everyone can make it. Hope I can make it for that matter.
:cool:

Afterthought: Maybe those of you that can't make it shouldn't complain about the location, just show your sadness that you can't be at such a cool gathering. Just MHO.

THAT SOUNDS GREAT BUT I LIVE IN VEGAS SO I DONT KNOW ABOUT MAKING IT OUT THERE........WITH SCHOOL AND WORK......I WILL LOOK INTO IT.........

Well I wouldn't be able to drive my car there either. Flying is a different story, but I'd prefer to take the car.

In any case, you should be sad that we can't make it due to an inconvenient location. You guys should want us to be there. It's not a matter of complaining, of course we'd all want to go but it's just not feesable when we're not that near. I admire those who have the time and means to drive their cars to the meet. That's awesome.

The alternative solution would to have one for the rest of the areas which could not arrive. I work with a lot of the RX7 guys and we have sevenstock in SoCal. Mazda is there, duh? So the turnout is amazing. I'll contact Dan at rotarynews.com and see what we can do about possibly adding another event using his promotional and setup abilities.

If we had one in the Southern US, like LAS VEGAS, so Cali, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Texas could come there would be an amazing turnout plus there's a ton of s*** to do in the forbidden city. Plus Dan lives there. He can probably get some s*** handled easily.

Just my two cents.

Rishie

If interested, I'll start taking some of the initiative to get things going. Let's come up with a name like SEVENSTOCK, THREESTOCK. LOL!!!!!!1 hehe. Protostock.

Last edited:
I wasn't trying to be rude, but It's just hard to be able to say that there would be a perfect spot to do it. Maybe Kansas? Is that central enough that everyone could get there? If you lived in Maine, Washington, Florida, Canada, would that be any easier? Probably not. Anyway, I hope you can get a SoCal event together. It would be nice to see pics from all of the events, and maybe eventually get enough groups together in different areas that we could have a NA (all -encompasing) event at some point. I know it's tough, but thanks still goes out to those prepping the events. Hope I can make it!(Maybe to both!)
:cool:

im definate. i will be wherever the hell ann arbor michigan is , coming from glenburnie, maryland...but i WILL be there!!! it better not be a waste of my valuable time!

How about Columbus, Ohio? Columbus is less than a days drive from 60% of the Canadian and United States population. Supposedly, there is not another major metropolitan area in North America that can say that.

Just a thought.

That would be a great place to have it. Because it seems as if a lot of the southerners are not ready to drive up to A.A. Michigan. Maybe the 3-5 hour difference in trip time would allow more people to come and play?

Back