My Xenon Headlights are installed!

mason448

....well it cost me a little more than I would have preferred, but the outcome was way worth it!.....Cartoys took 3 hours to install them, probably because mine were the first that shop had ever installed ....once they were in and on, they said they had other bulbs that I could put in to make the other lights look bluer....(yeah right , I said.....wasn't goning to be suckered in to buying more "fake" xenon bulbs.....but they tricked me and put ONE of the piaa bulbs in just to let me see....BINGO....it worked....couldnt have those ugly yellow things anymore....

.anyway, the night lights up now, I dont even turn my fogs on, because the blue light of the HID lights is so cool...I recommend it!.....oh one more thing....no one has flashed me, thinking i had brights on......so dont see any problems with legal issues

Last edited:
cool. i dont get it though? you have real HID or Piaa bulbs? it took 3 hours to put bulbs in? im confused.

Dexter,

he installed real HIDs for his low beams and put in PIAA bulbs for his high beams....

the real question is the daytime light of your driving lights...
is it still the HID light during the day too? I wouldn't want to drive like that, but if you have normal DRL and then when you turn on your lights it goes HID, that's amazing

haig said:
Dexter,

he installed real HIDs for his low beams and put in PIAA bulbs for his high beams....

the real question is the daytime light of your driving lights...
is it still the HID light during the day too? I wouldn't want to drive like that, but if you have normal DRL and then when you turn on your lights it goes HID, that's amazing

The US cars don't have daytime running lights. So I don't think it's an issue.

Bang!!!
235330_1_full.jpg

What you got eh?

Very nice. If you want them to look even sweeter... replace that orange light/indicator with a hyperwhite. High budget!!

MazdaProbeGT said:
Very nice. If you want them to look even sweeter... replace that orange light/indicator with a hyperwhite. High budget!!

I've been told about that alot. I dont want to risk getting pull over...

sorry for the confusion guys, but yes, I installed an HID conversion kit from "Proxenon" for $393(5000k).......and my 5 watt parking lights which are located at the top of the high beams were replaced by PIAA extreme white bulbs...installation was $153 total...

Last edited:
Hey mason, can you post a night shot of the beam output? And also are you still using factory North American Spec headlights? Or have you upgraded those before installing the HID kit?

nightshot of beam pattern for "LapisBlue"

Good question Lapis Blue!.....No I left the US spec lights as they are....they do not "selflevel" like the xenon headlights do in europeon Mazda 6's....and I'll tell you why I decided I could get by with "non-selfleveling" headlights. Mazda 6's have projector beam headlights....which have a distinct "cutoff" as you can see in the pic I've included....the only time I am concerned, is when I come up over a hill and another car is coming up over the same hill in the opposite direction or worse yet, stopped at a traffic signal.....once again, I converted my LOW beams only to HID xenon, left the high beams as they were, but changed the tiny little 5watt parking lights to piaa's(these are located in a top corner of the high beamreflector)....didnt I upload pics of this already?.....anyway, for your request, Lapisblue, here's a nighttime shot of the "cutoff" beam pattern that I speak off

Brad

Attachments

• cutoff.jpg
    cutoff.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 317
Hey Nobody, your beam looks alot whiter than my 4300 k... was it just the camera? On mine, it looks like it has a tiny hint of blue ar certain angles.. otherwise dead on it looks platinum... also did you re-aim your headlamps? I did on mine just to be safe.. but nice pics!!

hey nobody, do you have more pics of your car? i've seen that kit on the net but never installed...

ice

zxl020 said:
Hello,everybody,

Are you planing to buy HID Xenon light for you car or mortorcyle?we have all the HID Light model for all the car and motorcycle with high quanlity and competitive price.The products cover the color temperature from 4300k to 12000k as well as some color bulb light.
For more info about us you can browse our website www.popnowhid.com.if any item are of interest to you pls feel free to contact us.we will be gald to offer you all best price and service.

E-mail: popnowsales@gmail.com

MSN: popnowled@hotmail.com

you've got to be an authorized vendo to sell on this forum!

Back