A Gift

looking great! I actaully started a copy of my pro5 in 3d a long time ago, but never finsihed it cuz it was taking to long. Make sure to post the final images. And could I ask what prog you are using for the renditions??

Well... I can't say I'd outright ask to burden you, but I'll go as far as to say that a Midnight Blue Mica P5 version of this would be badass and would find its way to my computer, if it were available - you know, if you were bored and whatnot.

Patrick

Same here...Looks like a lot of work, but you asked:) Spicy Orange MSP for me!!!

I'm using Maya for the modeling work. Once it's done I have a compact 3d engine (read: game engine) that will render the car in realtime for your screensaving pleasure. Color options and maybe a customizable license plate or message should be no problem. Once this one is out of the gate, I might consider doing requests :)

what source code you using for your engine? Somewhere in my piles of junk I have a copy of the Grand Turismo Engine and the Unreal engine if you need some more to choose from. I'll dig em up

The engine is my own, so I can do pretty much whatever I want with it. That's the great thing about my real life.. I teach game design courses :)

That's the great thing about my real life.. I teach game design courses

Sorry to highjack the thread, but where do you teach game design courses in Orlando.

Please don't say Full-Sail. Seems like the only place around here.

That's what I figured, sounds like a cool job you have. I just asked because I'm interested in learning, just not interested in the commitment of going to school (Full-Sail) and paying mad dollars for it.

Probly should have taken that avenue a while back. Having just graduated from UCF I can't imagine going back to class, even if it is 100 times more interesting then EE.

Probly should have taken that avenue a while back. Having just graduated from UCF I can't imagine going back to class, even if it is 100 times more interesting then EE.

If you have any interest at all in game programming, then (to quote the old adage) there's no time like the present. Not meaning you should plunk down more money for school. But if you want to learn there are plenty of resources. If you want me to get you started, just say the word.

Sweet, I'll take you up on that. I have a strong passion for the video game industry. I just haven't quite figured out where I fit in yet, I love all the aspects of it. If you have tips, or are willing to help me out in anyway I would much appreciate it.

I'll say the word, PLEASE!

Thanks,

Jah

BTW the screensaver project looks really good, interested in seeing the final completion. I especially like the wire diagram (I just find it interesting), I might have to steal the smooth blue render and change it to steel gray in Photoshop for my fiance.

Sweet, I'll take you up on that. I have a strong passion for the video game industry. I just haven't quite figured out where I fit in yet, I love all the aspects of it. If you have tips, or are willing to help me out in anyway I would much appreciate it.

Shoot me an email schmedly3d_at_hotmail.com or the same with MSN Messenger or AIM minus the at_etc.

Back