Tri State Meet - Summer 2002?

hihoslva

THIS IS A REPEAT POST - My first one was in the Protege5 Owners' Registry - sorry, but I should've posted it here!

Proud P5 owner on Long Island - I think we should try (try hard!) to set up a meet this summer.

One was tried (MP3/P5) recently in South Jersey, and from what I hear an amazing 2 people showed. That sucks.

We should pick the date and place soon, and stick with it. Northern New Jersey is fairly central to all of us in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, and even Pennsylvania - maybe someone from Northern Jersey could recommend a place?

Here's an idea, if we can plan far enough in advance - we should all go to a concert at the Meadowlands or Continental arena - we could have the meet all day until the show, and hopefully a lot of owners will show up. A huge showing of P5s and MP3s at a concert would draw a nice crowd, I'd think, and a cool concert could be a great addition to the day - just a thought.

Sometime in June or July - in the warm weather? Whatever we do, we should do SOMETHING!

i live in noth nj...i really dont know a particluar place...what would everyone want to do.....if u want a large pk lot we should just use one of the like million malls pk lo tover here...i mean jezz jersey has soooo many malls...lets see what everyone wants to do,,,,

NYCZMP3: I, personally, would like to see something more than "mall parking lot" meet - considering the time we've got until the summer, planning something shouldn't be too hard.

Hey, if it winds up being just a mall thing, well okay, but IMO making more of a day out of it would make it almost a real event - and something that might even be repeated each year.

Keep the ideas flowing - and see if anyone you know has any interest.

For you guys, I've been running a club with my car for 3+ years now, and I'm trying to get involved with my sister and her car and get a club established. Check out PANE , and maybe we can get a big enough group together to do something real good (I have plenty of ideas for meets).

Very nice, Seth &....

I have joined the club and the mailing list- please feel free to get some ideas and support going.

The more organization and effort we can put into a summertime meet, the better it could be, IMO.

What do you think the chances are of having a meet in a place where maybe we could hold an informal autoX? I've been thinking more and more about trying to do a few laps through some cones - I'd love to get a real judge of my skill (or lack thereof ;) )

Keep in touch - we'll get it together for sure.

As for ideas, I'll get em organized and down here. The informal auto-x might be tough though. First off, getting a site would be $$, then some type of insurance cost. I'll see if I can find out anything, but I'll definitely be replying here.

in new york at r.c. collage they have a autocross every year in the summer. i'll call and find out when. maybe we could all meet there.
also the pallisades mall by me has autocross on sundays (must find out when).big ass parking lot i meen BIG.
i'll get back to you guys.

Latest posts

Back