I Crash my MP5 Yesterday

HELLO EVERYBODY...... i had a terrible Car Accident yesterday

:( . It was not my fault, okay this what happened....

It was a 4 way street/2 way stop, i didn't have the stop sign. The lady that i hit had a stop sign, i assume she was going to stop since she have the sign. So i went straight and next thing i know she was in front of me i slammed on my brakes as hard as i can and it was too late i hit her car on the passenger door panel :mad: The front of my car is totally smashed i can't even pop the hood to see the damage? And my steering wheel was shaking and smoke came out from the engine :eek:

Now my poor baby is in the Auto body Shop, And i'm in SERIOUS PAIN...
To top it of.... the day when i had the accident i just pick up my car from the shop because i had it lowered :(

And also... my ABS didn't went off? weird...

watcha ya'll think? weird huh?

Sorry To Hear That...

No matter how much you take care of your car something always happends.

When are you getting your P5 back? Did they give you an estimate.

:confused:

well an update with mah car....

My car's frame is bent isn't that total?

my shop told me they can fix it, but that's gonna be a hasle for me coz yeah they fixed it but i have to get allignment who knoes till when?

and not only that my car is not gonna be the same anymore :(

can i claim this total? whatcha think guys?
soooo... i can get a new MP5!!! :)

wow, sorry to hear that, are you okay though, frame bent and screwed alignment, that sounds really bad now. You should definitely try claim total. Here in BC, Canada, we are all covered by the same insurance company, i do believe their rule of thumb is that if the repair cost is more than 50% of the car's market value, it will considered to be "total".

i'm hanging in there... i'm in serious pain though :(

But that's cool about your insurance... it must be nice that they have that law

ours suck....

2002 Black Mica P5

xenon head lights
xenon signal lights
xenon fog lights
skunk2 coilovers with 2.5 inches drop
Monster flow Intake

veronica, whether or not its totalled is really your insurance companies call. but there is one thing for absolute sure.....once a car incurrs that kind of damage...and no matter how good the shop that fixes it it....its just not the same anymore.....if they don't total it...you have two choices.....either get it fixed and go on driving it.....or get it fixed and go and trade it in on a NEW one, or sell it outright and then buy another new one, its about all you can do....

The newly elected BC government is thinking about privatize the car insurance company, i am pretty sure my rate will go up. b sure to check a chiropractor or take a x-ray to make sure that there are no shifted bones.:)

So sorry to hear about your accident. Cars can always be fixed...at least you weren't seriously injured. Unless I missed reading that somewhere. Anyway, in regards to your ABS not engaging here is my 2-cents. It probably did but since your adrenaline went through the roof as you collided into the other car you powered over the feature. It isn't that hard to do...all you have to do is keep pushing harder on the breaks. I think in high stress situations our bodies think that if we push harder and harder on the breaks our car will stop sooner. Happened to me about three years ago. Hope all goes well with the repairs and what not.

Matt

Sorry about your loss, hopefully all will turn out well. And yeah, I heard something about if you slam on the breaks then the ABS dosn't work right, your supposed to use gradual pressure. But I don't know much about that stuff. Even if it was used properly, sounds like you guys would of hit anyways.

PR5hokie said:
So sorry to hear about your accident. Cars can always be fixed...at least you weren't seriously injured. Unless I missed reading that somewhere. Anyway, in regards to your ABS not engaging here is my 2-cents. It probably did but since your adrenaline went through the roof as you collided into the other car you powered over the feature. It isn't that hard to do...all you have to do is keep pushing harder on the breaks. I think in high stress situations our bodies think that if we push harder and harder on the breaks our car will stop sooner. Happened to me about three years ago. Hope all goes well with the repairs and what not.

Matt

Originally posted by 311Mazda
Sorry about your loss, hopefully all will turn out well. And yeah, I heard something about if you slam on the breaks then the ABS dosn't work right, your supposed to use gradual pressure. But I don't know much about that stuff. Even if it was used properly, sounds like you guys would of hit anyways.

Assuming that your ABS was not faulty, then it should have worked. You shouldn't have been able to "over power" the ABS feature just by pressing hard on the brakes. That is EXACTLY what ABS was developed to counter. You can press as hard as you want on the brakes and it should not allow you to skid or lock-up any of the wheels. ABS shouldn't work like a conventional non-ABS brake, where people are taught to apply gradual pressure or "pumping" methods to avoid skidding and/or wheel lock-ups.

The limitations of ABS is much better than non-ABS brakes. When you reach the max pressure point of the ABS, it will let go gradually. Meaning that it will allow your car to continue to roll as straight as your steering wheel can direct it, therefore, avoiding wheel lock-ups. This benefits high center of gravity vehicles such as the SUV, because they can 'flip' if a wheel locks up on an emergency foot-slamming on the brake situation. You've heard of those news many years ago when SUVs first came out and did not have ABS installed on them.

Unfortunately, you were probably going too fast by the time you saw the lady running her stop sign at the intersection. If you didn't have ABS, believe me, you probably would have had sustained greater damage. Too bad MP3s do not have ABS. :confused:

Good luck and hope your insurance will just total your car so you can get a new one, as mentioned above... it won't be the same with that much damage, although I never had to experience that before (knock on wood). :(

Are you seroius about the MP3 without ABS? what!!!!! i have the MP3 too.... So that's not safe to drive then or what? now i'm concern about my MP3.... More info please?

Oh I was under the impression that you had a P5, yeah MP3's don't have ABS, that and a sunroof, and side airbags were only options on the protege5, and the regular protege's I think. If you slammed on the brakes, then the wheels probably locked up.

Dose your P5 have side airbags and a sun roof? I don't know about anyone else's experience, but apparently you can only get one if you get the other two. ABS, side airbags, and sunroof.

Back