How Much

Paid just over $17,000.

Silver P5
5 speed manual
Roof
ABS
7yr/100,000 mile warranty

Got mine for $17K out the door (including all taxes, tags, and stuff) Auto, mats and tape player are the only options. Have 5500 miles since Aug. 19

I paid $19950 for my Protege5. The top of the line model with side airbags/tinted windows at dealership. HOT RED baby.. Zoom Zoom Zoom Love it's unique styling and trendiness. :)

$16995, for 5 sp w/ ABS, side airbags, moonroof, and floor mats.

It was one of those "one at this price" ads in the newspaper, but it had the exact options I wanted. Only drawback was the color (black), which was not my first choice.

I paid $18000 (plus tax) for my P5 with moonroof, ABS/side, polished wheels, mats, 5speed. That includes the $480 destination charge. They drove it up to my door, too. Of course, if you pay the destination charge, they had better at least do that and take care of all the paperwork at your house! I didn't have to do a single thing except sign for it. 5 speeds are really hard to get in Southern California.

[ 11-07-2001: Message edited by: p5sd ]

i paid a pretty good price for my p5 as well.

keep in mind this is in canadian dollars but for 21600 list (i paid 25500 out the door or about 16500 american) i got yellow with a/c and power moonroof, 5/speed. in canada all abs/airbags etc... come standard. the only options are a/c, moonroof, and automatic t/m( although who would opt for it if you don't have to) all else is standard. up here we don't have the chromed rims which is too bad.

all in all a great car for the money

In June, I paid $16,500. It's nice having friends in the automotive business. BUT, I also heard of some Mazda dealers offering $500 over invoice. Might just be local here in Seattle.

I paid 17000 OTD (out the door) manual, black, tapedeck,rugs, no moonroof :(

did I mention the damn thing is tornado damaged (actually its not too bad, just a bunch of sratches on the windshied) and I live in arlington va where everything costs x4 for some reason...
hey atleast I get an idea of how much i got ripped off....

maybe you guys in northern states should look into purchasing in canada.....we pay max sticker of around $21,000 CDN dollars here....that's about $14-15,000 US.....just a thought...

Problem: Buying a car in Canada and then registering it in the US loses the warranty. I'd rather spend the 2 grand. Besides, the speedo would read KM's, and our roof rack looks much nicer, and is standard. HOWEVER, if you don't give a damn about these, then $2000.......

although buying the car in canada would result in a speedo in km's and quite possibly voiding the warranty (don't know to much about that kind of thing) the "standard roof rack" you get in the states would be no big loss. it may look half decent but it's completely useless. although pricey the thule rack with mazda towers that incidently fit the existing mounting holes with a ski and bike module and deflector looks way cooler than any other rack i have seen. but like i said pricey ($600 cdn).

if i had any idea how to put up a picture i would show you.

[ 11-13-2001: Message edited by: roswel ]

I got my White P5 for $16,500 Out the door. Moonroof, ABS/side airbags, 5spd. They threw in 5 year/100,000 mile warranty and free maintenance for the year. Although I should also say that I was able to get a discount through my company's partnership with Ford...heh. I even got the College grad program so I don't pay for 6 months and get $400 cash I appropriately used towards the down payment. I bought it Sept 14th and I have 5300 miles already...eek. My car is getting the Oil changed today and I got a speeding ticket in the Mazda Loaner car...haha :D :D

Originally posted by sttl013:
<STRONG>Problem: Buying a car in Canada and then registering it in the US loses the warranty. I'd rather spend the 2 grand. Besides, the speedo would read KM's, and our roof rack looks much nicer, and is standard. HOWEVER, if you don't give a damn about these, then $2000.......</STRONG>

I have to agree with Roswel on this one, but the roof rack is no big loss! It's so ugly! i hear a lot of ppl in the states are trying to get rid of it. btw, roswel, wouldn't WHITE be an awesome colour to have in Canada?

i agree white would be pretty slick but the option i would like are the chromed rims...now that would look sick with my yellow. there is a yellow p5 like mine in my area but with powder coated yellow rims...what a disgrace the yellow doesn't even match and it came like that from the dealer. it looks stupid if you ask me.

My fiance and myself are looking to get a protege5. What's the best way to get a good deal on one? 16K would be great. The lowest I've gotten a dealer to go so far is $16,8.

That's with:
ABS
Moonroof
floormats
cargo net
moonroof deflector

Originally posted by protege5chick:
<STRONG>I have to agree with Roswel on this one, but the roof rack is no big loss! It's so ugly! i hear a lot of ppl in the states are trying to get rid of it. btw, roswel, wouldn't WHITE be an awesome colour to have in Canada?</STRONG>

Yeah, White rules! haha

:D

Wish my system didn't lock up last night...

Tom,

Are you causing trouble the the CT Police Dept again? Remember speeding is bad. Just kinding, I really have alot of fun pushing my car. Now if I can just wait out the springs I'll be happy.

Mike http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mazda_protege5

Just curious, did anybody get the dealers to throw anything in extra? Not sure how it goes with relatively high demand cars like this, but dealers have to at least show they appreciate your business, i figure.

Back