rx7 FC - question?

hey_hej

:
rx7 GXL 1986
I've recently replaced my old factory intake and exhaust to HKS intake and double MAGNAFLOW exhaust.

I'm wondering how much hp should I gain with this modification..

thanx much (hi)

P.S.
I own a 1986 RX7 FC3S N/A it has 100K miles.

I didn't put the headers, but I'm planning to do so in near future along with pulleys.

I was wondering if you guys know any place with good deals on these items for 2nd gen. ( headers, crank pulley- I think that's the name for it, cross drilled rotors and barkes and brake lines)
thanx guys

Last edited:
not much. depending how much of the exhaust you replaced i'd say 10-20rwhp if it were a full exhaust from the header back

If it's non-turbo you probably see 10-15hp. If it's turbo you'll see a lot more. You'll also need to get a fuel cut switch(if it's turbo) as the extra boost will make your ecu cut the fuel.

and when you hit that fuel cut @ 7k+ POP goes the apex seal. Racing beat made as much as 52 hp with a fc TII when using full exhaust replacing all the cats with downpipe ect.

headers are the best bolt on power mod u can do to an N/A rotary and ur lookin at about a 10-12hp gain to the flywheel add exhaust and remove all 3 cats and ur lookin at about another 10-15hp gain to the flywheel. now as far as the pulleys go its not gonna do much for u if u still have the accesories on the car( ac, power steering, air pump blah blah blah) those are the ones gobbing up the power.

now if i were u and wanted some N/A power and since ur motor has 100k on it i would rebuild now and do a nice street port maybe even a bridge port then ur lookin at some serious N/A power( street port 190-220hp/bridge 225-260 :eek: ) trust me my buds got a 91 wit bp and it smokes modded tII all the time. now before anyone says something the bp is really rough on idle but sounds wicked as hell but its also gonna make u a gas hog and did i mention louder than hell (thumb)

bet its not louder than a T-78 FD running a full exhaust with the wastegate not plummed back into the exhaust. now thats loud.

but yes,porting is the best thing you can do for an N/A.

question...

how much would it cost me to rebuilt the engine and to do porting on my N/A? fortune...??

:confused:

a good rebuild, porting, and pining of the motor would run you from about 2500-4000 depending on where u take it. i could get it done for u at about 2800 but thats here in Miami other than that i dont know who's good around your area. you can always try atkins or pineapple racing they do really good work but its gonna cost you.

twiztedjeckel said:
bet its not louder than a T-78 FD running a full exhaust with the wastegate not plummed back into the exhaust. now thats loud.

im sure its loud but not as loud as a no exhaust 12a bp wit a 62-1 and wastegate all plumbed right behind the front right wheel( that happens to be my setup) trust me i wear ear plugs when i take it out, and i do take it out on the street on occasion. the cops love me and so do my neighbors

hey guys I'm looking for a eibach sway bar for the front and rear does anyone know where I can get those cheap...

We have both the Eibach, RAcing Beat, and Supension techniques bars available. I'm sure Chris over at SPD can surely help you out as well.

Rishie

You guys are kool. I want to extend my appreciation, as moderator of this forum, for you guys helping this guy out. (thumb)

chdesign said:
All I have to say is periphial Port :):):):)
(lol) then, it's only a matter of keeping it running when you're driving on the street...:D

gas milage...Ooh...;)

Back