Mazda6

S

Snomongoose

I really don't know what else to put this under.

I had a call last week by a company in Philadelphia (I'm from the
burbs of philly).

The companyies name was Group Dynamics in Focus. Was asking me to a
short interview that was focusing on An Automotive Topic. Well to
say the least I called back when the said it would take about 2
hours and the would pay me $75 bucks cash.

After doing a survey the asked me to go behind a curtain to take a
look at a couple cars. There were 6 sedans behind the curtain. They
were a Passat, Altima, Accord, Diamante, Avalon and of all things a
pre-finished Mazda6. I almost blew off the other cars to go
straight to the Mazda6 sedan. The only thing that wasn't finished
on the car was the interior door panels. After judging all the cars
on looks and comfort. They asked me to state prices on the cars.
The Mazda6 was stated to go for about $26,000 for the auto, abs,
roof, 6 way seats (I think), and a V6 with 220 hp. A stick was
going to be available.

The next section I had to go to was to look at a 5 door hatchback
(Saab 900). They asked me to compare to a mock up of (yes you
guessed it) a Mazda6 hatchback (It was a mock-up all panels done,
just not the interior). Next comparsion was from a Passat wagon
with (and you guessed it) a Mazda6 Wagon (another mockup without
interior, had to be from Japan because the steering wheel was on the
right).

The last section was for styling cues. Roof rack on the wagon, and
rims, tires, and fogs on the 5 door.

I have to say that this was a definately different take on any car
maker. I was one of the first people there in the morning, and
coming out I noticed alot of Mazda's in the parking lot so I believe
this to be a Mazda pre-release look at the car for the previously
purchased Mazda's and what they think of the new car. Wagon was
only going to be $1300 more than the sedan, and the hatchback was
going to be $700.

Leaving I was asked if I wanted another $75 to go in for a group
discussion about the car tommorrow evening. Hmmm, think I'm going?

Mike http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mazda_protege5/

Sounds very interesting...how did you sign up for this or did they randonly pick you? You get a sneek peek, they want your opinion and you get 75 big ones...not bad :D

Yeah Mike,

I got the same call, but I thought it was a scam, like it usually is. Wish I would of went.

Mike

$150 for 4 hours. Couldn't beat it.

2003 sedan comes out.

2005 or 2006 the 5 door and maybe the wagon.

Mike

that's pretty sweet! i may put off buying a protege5 and wait for the mazda6 sedan... I just saw one today at mazdausa.com for the first time.. man, that thing looks damn tight!!! :eek:

oh!!! ...not to mention v6 power!!!

after driving a PGT for the past 3 years, i must admit, the pr5 felt really weak, and it would be heaven to have 220 hp under your right foot.

I love the look to my car but I started to get the bug to go faster again.

After pondering this thought for a while I have decide to buy a 90 fwd talon. For about $1000 and another $1000 into it I could go alot faster than a p5 with the same mods.

I'm not saying I'm getting rid of the p5. But I believe it's going to be a good wait to see TRUE times in the low 14's to 13's.

Mike

Originally posted by Snomongoose:
<STRONG>I love the look to my car but I started to get the bug to go faster again.

After pondering this thought for a while I have decide to buy a 90 fwd talon. For about $1000 and another $1000 into it I could go alot faster than a p5 with the same mods.

I'm not saying I'm getting rid of the p5. But I believe it's going to be a good wait to see TRUE times in the low 14's to 13's.

Mike</STRONG>

Very true.

And you can't go wrong with DSM's... just try not to develop an attitude like most DSM'ers out there... :rolleyes:

Never going to bring the attitude to the table. Love the car but the performance needs time to develop. Have the DSM to toy around with.

I've already delt with the DSM boys your talking about. Won't touch a car other than DSM's.

Mike

It's too bad that the DSM crowd has the attitude problem. It really is a great platform for the money, and if you need cheap speed the only other better options are a 5.0 Mustang or a Motorcycle. I've wanted a 5.0L Mustang for a while now, one of these winters I'll throw down the loot for a nice LX notchback, but until then I'll enjoy my little Protege. I do miss my Talon though. Even though I've only been sepparted from it since September. There really is something to be said to 200+ hp under your foot. I like the fwd too, light and still fun!

Thom

never heard anything of this kind in vancouver :( ..........
wonder what is mazda canada doing...........

Not hype. It's going to have more HP that the p5, but remember it also is a heavy car to boot.

I love my p5, but I'm hoping the performance comes out in the next couple years.

Mike

I would also like to know what DSM stands for! Though about the mazda6, that car dose look very nice. Though I think right now, if you really want a sedan that can haul ass for under 30k, the new nissan altima is a really good buy.

Mistubishi. DSM = Diamond Star Motors. Look at the Mistu. emblem next time you see one. Most DSM guys don't know what the hell a P5 is either, so don't feel bad.

I started this and I have to agree with Mark, Mitsu people don't know a p5 and the p5 people don't know a DSM.

The car was just too cheap to pass up. ($500 cheap)

Mike

I may be one of the only ones to enjoy the benefits of owning a DSM and P5 in the same year...heh, damn acronymns!

Back