When the 3 come out EXACTLY?

Is it still sketchy about when the Mazda3 comes out? My friend is planning to buy his P5 in August and he's worried that the P5's may all be gone if they're being replaced. I still think they'll be around, but..

You will know for sure sometime between Sep9 and Sep21. That is when the Frankfurt auto show is and where they will make the official announcements.

04mazda3_1.jpg

53243.jpg

Actually that's going to suck really bad, our P5's re-sell value is going to drop even more now:mad:

Alberteaux said:
Is it still sketchy about when the Mazda3 comes out? My friend is planning to buy his P5 in August and he's worried that the P5's may all be gone if they're being replaced. I still think they'll be around, but..

Job1 for North American Mazda3 production is slated for Sep 16., and should reach the U.S. around Nov, Dec.

P5 production has now stopped, but I've confirmed that many dealers have stock-piled them in anticipation of the model changeover, so finding good selection in August is no problem.

it looks like Mazda took some style tips from my
"mazdaspeed 3"concept photshop. most notably the grill insert. thats kinda cool. I think it would look good with some fender flares like nobody has on his P5, give it a wider stance.

The Mazda dealer that I visited this weekend in Edmonton, Alberta told me they would probably start getting Mazda3s on the lot by December or January. They claim to have enough P5s to last until then, but I imagine they'll start getting sparse towards the end of the year. They still had a few 2002 models on the lot.

I've heard it accounts for ~40% of their sales here in Canada. I doubt they want to drop off the radar for a few months during the transition and lose all those sales to Toyota and Pontiac.

Last edited:
my understanding is that we won't see the hatch until next year anways? The sedan is coming first?

But reading this forum lately seems to indicate that most other countries are getting the hatch first?

confused.

newf said:
my understanding is that we won't see the hatch until next year anways? The sedan is coming first?

But reading this forum lately seems to indicate that most other countries are getting the hatch first?

confused.

For N. America, the sedan and hatch will come at the same time.

For Europe, where hatches are more popular, the hatch will be released first with sedans following a month later.

I juts hope there will be anough Mazda3 for the buyers. Because, the Mazda6 v6 is sold out, so it seem to be for the rx8 (the 250hp) from the presale. Now, I hope Mazda lurns and make a whole lot of the msp3 hatch (2.0l or 2.3l/turbo +/- 200hp) with the "regular" sedan and hatch (2l +/- 150hp) Mazda3.

Back