About the Engine Oil

M

markleung

Hi! guys! I want to know about the engine oil..... could anyone tell me? Can I put synthetic oil into the engine....? if yes, what weight I should put in Vancouver Canada..... (i.e I ask about that from the dealer.... but they said no...)

I used 10w30 Mobil one synth in my car, and haven't had a problem yet.

I think the dealer's only want you to get service done by them. That's why there is a no on the synthetic. I talked to my sales guy and he even stated he would use synthetic in his new car, and not to listen to the service guys.

Mike

I like 20w50 syntech but from Valvoline for yo up there use something like that try the purple stuff (motor oil) that works real good :eek:

Hehe, as long as you use motor oil (not vegetable oil or cooking oil), I'm pretty sure it will run fine :)

Anyway, Mark, if i can remember correctly, it doesn't really get very cold in Vancouver BC gets. so i guess 10W30 should be sufficient. If it gets very cold, you might want to try 5W30 or even 0W30 for better protection during cold starts.

I was told by the dealer that the oil should not be changed for the first 5000 KM's as it is special oil from the factory that is part of breaking in the engine. After that any oil (5w30, 10w30) is fine.

Jointhecrowd.com

I run Mobil 5W30 in mine and it hums like a sewing machine (that’s' a good thing!).

I did leave the original factory oil (dinosaur oil) in for the first 3000 miles so the engine could break in properly (see below). I now have 13,000+ and no problems.

Other points of interest: I don’t know how true this is but from a few sources I talked to they said that cars used to be delivered with break in oil. Today with advances in machining the engines need no or little break in.

Originally posted by markleung:
<STRONG>Hi! guys! I want to know about the engine oil..... could anyone tell me? Can I put synthetic oil into the engine....? if yes, what weight I should put in Vancouver Canada..... (i.e I ask about that from the dealer.... but they said no...)</STRONG>

:p The Dealers are full of it the Porshe 911 and Corvette come off the line with Mobile 1 10w30!!!!!!!!

:p The Mazda dealers are living in the past as far as engine oil, if you check out Mobile 1's website, the Porsche 911 and the Corvette roll of the line with Mobile 1 Full Synthetic 10W30! If it is good for them any questions. I had them put it in on the first oil change, just be careful when you bring your own oil that you check the level when you leave because they normally put it in by machine and mine was 1/2 quart over!

Back