Last couple days (ugh)

S

Snomongoose

To sum up the day for starters.

Wednesday I worked a stretch (for those of you who don't know that statement I worked open to close 8:30 in the morning til 9:30 at nite). :mad:

So today, I only had to work a couple of hours, 6:00 to 10:30. :) Ugh like that didn't kill me right there getting out of bed at 5:00. Well got done my regular job and left to go to the car audio/performance shop in the afternoon to put on my brand new springs. Well after doing a removal of a stereo, install of rear
speakers and helping the other installer put a new turbo on a second
gen talon, we finally got my car in to the shop. The new Racing
beat springs were sweet, and took only about 2 hours to install. :cool: The right rear was a pain, had to disconnect the e-brake cable and take the brake down but it wasn't too bad.

After we were done (at 6:00) we decided to head over to the track in NJ. First run was terrible reaction time (1.01), wonder why I had been up over 12 hours now. Second run there was a guy thinking he
was all that. I got motivated to kick his ass in the tree. He had a reaction time of .743, and I had a great reaction time of .569. :eek: Hit first, shifted into second at 6500, shifted to third at 6500
also. Great run going until I got the time slip. 0's except for the reaction time. Fog had rolled in a messed up every time check spot. That killed me. The only good thing that came out of going to the track was a free time trial day of my choice.

Knew I should have went to bed.

Mike http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mazda_protege5

HI Mike!
DO you have to be in some kind of club to get on the track in NJ or pay some kind of fee ? Could I meet up with you there one day?
:D

Nahh,

It's $12 buck on Friday night and $15 on Saturday. Thinking about going on Friday. Give me an e-mail later this week.

Mike

Mike, I can sympathize with you. I had Thursday and Friday off of my full time job but I started my exhausting weekend wednesday night. Worked all day/night, then drove to Maine from Hartford. Got to bed around 2am. After Turkey I drove back to Hartford on Thursday. Friday I had to work at 6am-11pm! Then I had to work 11am-11pm Saturday...but I didn't get to work until 12:30. My car got hit on the way to work. On an exit ramp (3 lane) someone cut me off without using a blinker and slammed on their brakes so I didn't have time to come to a complete stop with out tagging them. It was a 94-95 Pathfinder, no damage to them. My hood and bumper is messed up. Of course since I "rear-ended" them it was tagged as my fault...a$$hole!

Needless to say I called in sick to work on Sunday since I was so burned out!

I have a question. The accident was Saturday. My deductible is $500 for collision. Today I went on and changed my collision to $100. Since I don't file a claim till next week (accident report takes 5-10 days) I'll just have to pay my current deductible of $100 right? I took the gamble by switching it over but hopefully it pays off. Email me at ackerst@pweh.com, let me know what you think.

I'm pretty sure it's the coverage you had when the accident happened. Take it from experience: don't mess with insurance companies. I have customers at my stereo shop who've tried to make bogus claims against insurance, and ended up they lost the claim and now can't get insurance. Since you obviously have a police report with the date of the accident (most companies won't do squat without one), and they know you changed coverage after that, not before, you'll likely end up paying the $500.

Got to agree with Mark on that one.

I've got to add, look what I"m dealing with (one person who will remain nameless).

Mike

Didn't mean to remain nameless. I visit here now because the company firewall blocks out the Yahoo groups so I can't visit your Protege 5 Yahoo group anymore Mike. Sorry!

Cheers,
Thom

Tom,

Not a problem at all. Hope Okemo kicks the guns in high gear soon.

Mike

ps - it ain't you Tom :D

My Insurance company (Progressive) has been great. I called the other day and reported the accident. I don't have the accident report from the police yet, but they inspected my car today and cut me a check. Luckily the body shop said I can drop my car off on Monday so I may luck out and have my car back really soon, like-new condition! Whew-hooo. It sucked having the banged up car, but it makes my day to know that it won't be banged up for too long. The estimate was only $1447, less my deductible the check came to $947.

Thom

Back