will it be trouble?

G

guardian12

does anyone know if the warrenty will be effected if u put in an intake or exhaust?
i was going to do it but i stop to think about that, anyone?

I'm sure someone has the actual form available, but here's the deal on warranties:
In the United States, your dealer, or anyone offering or selling you a warranty, cannot void or cancel that warranty simply because you add aftermarket gear. Canada's laws might be different. But what this boils down to is this: They can't void the warranty because you add an intake, but if the addition of that intake causes a malfunction in the engine, either by it's design or an installation mistake, then they can deny warranty coverage for that event. Here's an example:
Other posting sites have reported that the mounting bracket for the Injen intake can possibley rub through the AC line that runs next to the mounting flange. If that AC line gets rubbed all the way through and ruptures, then the dealer will deny warranty replacement of that line: you'll have to pay for it. Or, another one is:
If in installing the same intake, you do not notice a piece of debris inside the pipe before installing it. After installation, that piece of debris is sucked into the motor and caps off a piston. Obviously not going to be covered under warranty.
However, the dealer does have to show proof that the damage they are denying the claim to is the cause of the problem. If they cannot show how the aftermarket gear caused the problem, then they must by law honor the warranty.
So, 90 pages later, maybe someone else here has the actual legal mumbo jumbo they can post, but this is the best translation I can give you. Happy Modifying!!

Back