stereo modifications

Z

zombiefreakx

yeah, i was looking at some of the pics, and i noticed that some guys already had kick panels installed. anyone have any ideas on where he got them or which ones will fit in? and i'm thinkin'about gettin the rockford fosaget mp3 unit, i think it's like 9300 or seomthing, but anyway, i called some people and they said they the installation kits and wireing harnesses aren't available. anyone know where i can get those too?? lemme know. email me @ zombiefreak@swt.edu

Heres the deal bro. The mounting kit is not our yet and there is notelling when they will release it. You are going to have to hardwire, or have someone else hardwire it for you. Also the mounts in the back are not stable enough, so you will have to pay for a custom fit on that too. The part number for the single bin compartment that goes under the new head unit (same part as in MP3) is BJ1H 66 9MO. Installation on this for me was 110$, plus the part was about 90$. Hope this helps you out.
Any other questions feel free to email me at hjerpet@southwestern.edu .
Yellow Pro5 Manual,Moonroof,Floor mats, and alarm.
Alarm

You paid a total of $200 to have a stereo installed? Man, I've got swampland for sale......
Maximum labor for a radio install should be like $45, and any aftermarket pocket should run a max. of $20. (Mike, help me out on the part #) I guess if the extra $70 is worth it to you to have a door on the pocket, then OK, but I don't know who told you the mounts in the back weren't strong enough. I mean, it holds up our original double-din, right? So, maybe folks should shop around for a good deal, keeping in mind that good work doesn't come cheap, but you shouldn't get shanked like that.

Not a problem Mark (Gee I think we are M & M of the P5 world).

Part number by Metra 88-00-9000. About $20 bucks at any car audio shop.

I mounted my aftermarket radio to the rear back bracket (which happens to be steel), and I want to see someone get it out of my dash with no tools.

The harness, I had an amp so I only tagged 4 wires (Power, Swithc, Ground, Dimmer). I didn't cut the plug at all.

About 2 bills for an install. I'll install Autostart in the car (auto or stick) for only about $99 more.

Mike http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mazda_protege5

Aahhhh, a little Godfather reference? :eek:
By the way, the kickpanels were custom built (as any quality ones are)

Yea, I paid about $75 to install a SONY MP3 player. It looks alright, not the nicest insert, but the stereo is very crisp. :D

I got a Sony CDX-CA850 installed on my P5. I got it done at a shop for $70. I asked around 5 shops at first, and eveyrone said they wouldn't do it cuz there's no kit?! what kinda shop is that .. anyways, then I saw a store with a black P5 out front with an alpine monitor in the front and cd player and I figured they'd do something. turned out the owner of the store owned the P5 and he did it for me in an hour.

Back