About the fog light

M

markleung

Hi everyone! I'm new here, and I got my P5 three weeks ago.... it is a 5 speeds red P5

I wouldn't like to know how to change the fog light bull to super-white one.... pls tell me about this Thanks!

It's not too difficult. Here are the basic steps:

1. Jack up the car a few inches (optional), if you want more space to work with. Of course be careful when doing this.
2. loosen the front, flat part of the wheel well (near the bumper area, right under the fog lights) . There should be 3-4 screws right there. The black plastic is pretty flexible, so you can bend it while working under it and don't have to remove the whole thing.
3. get your head under the bumper and look up. you should see a black piece of metal that holds the fog lights to the car. There should be 3 bolts. If i remember correctly, one of them is golden/silver color while the other 2 are black.
4. Loosen the golden/silver color nut. find a wrench that can fit into that small space.
The fog lights should come loose after this.
5. Might want to disconnect the fog light connectors so that you can pull out the fog lights completely.
6. Undo the two screws at the back of the fog lights that hold the fog lens. that should allow you to change the bulbs.
7. Put everything back together in reverse order.

Hey Mark. I did this jus recently. Man, trust me on this - TAKE OFF THE BLACK PLASTIC COVER NEAR THE WHEEL WELL!! :)

I spent a total of 2 hours changing these lights cuz I was dumb and thought I could skip steps.

man, that was dumb. :)

on the topic of lights, does anyone know if PIAA makes and H& bulbs for our lows?

H& = H7 :)

Does PIAA make an H7 bulb? I cant find it in Canada (a dealer told me H7 is illegal? If so, why is it in our cars?).....

i can't find a piaa H7 either. i went to the piaa website and all they have are H3/H4 and 9000 series so they have everything covered for us but the lows.

Yeah, I don't see why you need ALL that space just to loosen and remove the fog light. Besides, as I said, that plastic is pretty flexible.

Took me about 30 min also :)

Nah bro, I guess my post doesn't show much of what I did - just my frustration :)

I tried at first for about 15-20 minutes to remove the fogs without touching anything under there except for the back of the fogs.

But that was too tough. couldn't see, akward angle, etc.

So then I took off the 3 screws that hold on the black plastic piece on the underside of our ride (just in front of the front tire) and bent it back a bit. Very flexible. then I managed to get the fogs out really easy!

But before taking those screws off?? wow man. I was pissed off it was so tough :)

Could anyone tell me how does the H3 bull look like? I find one H3 bull made from the other Japanese company..... it has wire in the end..... is that the right one?

Yeah, your description of the H3 bulb sounds right.

BTW, it's "bulb", not "bull" :)

Back