Turbo????

S

Steve

hey everybody. i was thinking maybe i could go to a junkyard and buy an old (you know used, but still in good condition) turbo from a 4 cylinder car (eclipse turbo, porsche 944 turbo, thunderbird turbo coupe), and a boost controller. bend some tubing 4 it and somehow fit it on my exhaust. i would only run about 5 psi of boost until aftermarket valve springs, connecting rods, and crankshafts came out for the p5 (and i'd buy an intercooler). now i haven't found any qualms about my idea, but maybe all of your keen insight could help me out here......thanx :confused:

honistly you dont have a bad idea. I was reading up on that stuff and contacted a guy in texas. Theoretically (spelled that wrong)any turbo will work you just have to make it fit. :)

Steve, My buddy was think on the same principles.

We were going to use a DSM turbo (stock for AWD Talon). Remember you will have to make the exhaust manifold for this.

Yes it can be done, but you cannot go over 5-8 of boast because the fuel lines will not accept more than that.

The MAF is willing to accept alot of changes done to the motor before reprogramming. I know this because a friend of mine has a maxima with a supercharger with the factory MAF still in it.

If you do it, do alot ofr reading and make sure you double check everything before the start. I have been thinking the same thing but had decided to try and keep it under warranty for a while before I loose that $1000 extended warranty.

Mike http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mazda_protege5

Turbos are cool. Although setting up your own sounds like a difficult task. Especially with creating your own Exhaust manifold. Stock Eclipse turbos are dirt cheap. For about $150 you can get a strong used td05h "14b" turbo. And it'll provide more boost than will be useable on this Protege. It might even be better to find a car with a smaller turbo, like a Subaru or Saab that way it's not as difficult to manufacture your own setup. Shouldn't matter if you're only going to run 5psi through, anything can do that. Dodge Daytonas had turbos, you could probably fine one of those smashed up.

you've got a good point about the warannty snomongoose. i probably won't put a turbo on until my warannty runs out. ;)

hey wassup people new member here.. The turbo sounds good but the only thingis that the dealer can install but for a good eye poke like a grand . I work on large trucks and i have been reading on how to install turbos, there not hard but to get the turbo is one thing but all the pipin is another thing .not only do you have to get a header done but all the piping also .... dothis also but it will take sometime ..... :rolleyes:

hey guys & girls my freind & I are working on a turbo kit for the MP5 right now we have allthe piping for it and we are working on the turbo and manifold .................... we are the San Antonio group .. There are 3 silver MP5 righ now s if you are in the TEXAS area we like o hear from you ..... You can email me at fastcatone@aol.com :p

Hey! prottype5 !!

Where did you find the PIAA bulbs for our lows? Shoudl be H7's?? I have been told by dealers both in the US and Canada that PIAA doesn't make H7's....

let me know I totally need them cuz I have the fogs and highs as a gift from a friend... what am I supposed to do with 2/3 of a set?

:)

they were light piaa's but they are ( H3 )but the brand is NOKYA ARCTIC WHITE the bad thing is that they stayed white and did not turn blue. i think that in order to make them turn blue , the whole fog need to be changed they don't reflect as the top light.
I have a MP5 club here in san antonio tx. and we are developing a turbo kit for our car check back soon for further details .. but we know what kindof car has the same motor , can't say yet what car but as soon as IT'S ready you all will be the frist to know ........... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hey thanks Douggie.

I have seen this link before (or similar ones on Ebay) and I think for me it isn't worth $175 or so (including shipping) in canadian $$ to buy new lows. Especially considering that is more than I would have paid for the highs and fog's together... if I actually bought them and didn't have them given to me.

Now, if Japan is the only place making the right bulbs, why does Mazda sell the car out here with them? :)

No prob LostMind. Yeah, i think $110 USD for a pair of bulbs is really WAY too much. I would kill myself if they burn out!!! I've heard Razos are okay too and they run about $50+ USD.

If you do a search on "H7 bulbs" on ebay, u'll find plenty of options.

(sorry for getting way off topic) :)

DUDE'S you all are getting riped off the lights for the top are YES ( H7 ), I got the for 35 bucks tell you what, You want them let me know and I'll sale them at 35 + shipping. If you want them I can get them. I've had them for 2 months and they have not burnt out ...... you all want them email me at fastcatone@aol.com ..... tell meif you want them next day or regular gound ship .....I can get bot lights low beam and fogs for less than (175) thats alot of butt raping lets do this who wants the lights for less than ( $175 ) and if you want all 6 lights thats high, lows, and fogs , but te fog don't change colors but if you want them hey thats cool

[ 11-25-2001: Message edited by: prototype5 ]
:D :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes: :eek:

[ 11-25-2001: Message edited by: prototype5 ]

Wsup yall? I have the red protege5 in fayetteville nc. Im the one u always see in Myrtle Beach with the neon yellow light kit but thats beside the point. They(my mazda imformant) say that HKS is coming out with a turbo charger and a cat-back.. I just want to put a different ground-effects kit on like the one i saw on the protege5 online web site on but not exactly the same one. There is no sense in trying to come up with a turbo manifold if its gonna come eventually. Well, NOS will be looking good and so will the rest of the whip. Im korey chaos.. :D

Back