Top Speed??

B

<Bill@Ontario>

OK, so I am on the 401 in my Black P5 w/17 in. rims on Pirelli P7000.
The car topped out at EXACTLY 180kph @ 5700RPM's. Is there a governer??
My guess is YES.
Anybody else experienced this? :confused:

HI !
I have an automatic and the most I ever took mine up to was 110 MPH and it took a while to get there to!I wish we could top out at 140 MPH but I doubt that will ever become a reality with this car no matter what kind of engine modifications are performed with it. :rolleyes: ;)

there is a governer on our cars. They top out at 120 mph. I took my 5 speed this fast but it wont seem to go any faster. I drove my friends mp3 and it will go beond 120 mph. So the PCM modification in the mp3 is the car is no longer governed. :cool:

If theres a governor the cars not fast enough reach it. I've taken my car to 120mph, I have exaust and thats it. The RPM is like at 5500, feels like it's gonna blow!

I've had mine up to 190 [kph that is.eheh. ]

Usually it's only 180 but this was a steep hill and she just went higher.

Lots o fun :D

[EDIT: Probably should add that I put her in neutral and she coasted down the hill and increased to 190 :p ]

[ 12-20-2001: Message edited by: Kincaid ]

I've had my P5 up to 110 MPH and it ran fine. Only thing I've done to it, so far, is the Injen CAI.

i have had mine up to about 170 kph with no probs at all. mines bone stock and i could've pushed harder but i was on back winding roads.

Back