lights, lights, and more lights

R

roswel

i want to change my stock bulbs to those xenon lights but i can't seem to find any in my area. one guy said they don't exist yet for the p5 but www.protege5online has sets for sale. here's my question the aformentioned site says the low beam/daytime running lights are H7. does that mean any bulb classified H7 will work properly( low beam/running light) and fit correctly without damaging the lenses (i.e. extra light=extra heat). i also found a website in great britain that has 100w rally lights that are H7 and i think they have the ones for the fogs as well if anyone cares, here is the site. www.powerbulbs.com

any help woulb be appreciated

cheers

Yes, any H7 will fit. As for extra heat, yeah, our stock bulbs are 55w, so if you fit a 100w bulb in it, there's extra heat generated and MIGHT melt your lense. But then, i've heard many people put in overwattage bulbs without a problem. So do it at your own risk...

well i just installed 100 watt bulbs and so far there is no problem. But like was said before you always run the risk of damage so be careful. Also never buy EUROLIGHTS by Toucan industries. Thery are horrible they blow out real guick. If you want xneon bulbs afordible good ones are the ones made by apc.

ok i own a shop in lexingon ky and we have one here and the bulbs that are H7 they do not fit. what is wrong? :eek:

intints, it is H7. Take the stock bulb out. The H7 bulb is connected to black (h4 like) adapters. Pry these off with a screwdriver and the h7s fit right into the adapter.

Back