Latest Threads right column

fkmp5

Contributor
:
05 TSX // 07 Civic // 03.5 P5 (16.08 @85.29)
I have a request for the website:

On the right hand side of the "main page" (I guess it is) .. I've got the "Latest Threads" column.. Since the subject/title of most of the threads is truncated to something that makes almost no sense (ie, a thread titled: Is there anything i can do about my sedan's antenna?? is truncated to Is there anything i can..) I request that an "ALT/TITLE tag" be used containing the full title/subject.. that means, when we put our mouse over top of the partial subject, a nifty yellow box will pop up and display the full title/subject..

to take it further, you could have it as an option that you toggle on or off in the user cp?? (for those who might not want to use the feature).

<a href=# title="this is my test isn't it cool?">test (hold your mouse over this)</a>
(I decided to edit and put in this test to make myself clear.. it's confusing to word.. this example should clear up my request!)

thanks gang!

Last edited:
You can toggle it on or off in your user CP.

Go to User CP: Edit Options: Show Latest Threads?

I know you can toggle off the entire column, but I meant being able to toggle off the new feature of the column that I was requesting.. see my above post now that I have edited it and added a "test" example of what I was trying to put in words :)

Oh ok, misunderstood you. I like it the way it is, it adds a sense of mystery to the fourms. j/k :D

haha.. well you can still have the mystery (hence the second request for the user cp option.. haha).. nawww.. but seriously, i know it was confusing to read, that's why when i read over it again, i decided to edit and add an example :)

--- Latest Threads ---

<a href="#" title="New MSP Part Hit the Market!!!">New MSP Part Hit the Ma...</a>

<a href="#" title="Anyone Here Have The Blitz Sbc-id?">Anyone Here Have The Bl...</a>

see how that would work :)

Speaking of the "latest threads" column, i always thought it would be handy to have one of those yellow arrow's that brings you to the latest post OF the latest thread. Save's a few click's for us dial up losers who have to wait for each page to load all the time....
:D
know what i mean?

that's another great idea.. if you click on it, it always takes you way back to the start of the thread..

well, i'll take it this idea was shot down? I never heard any word on making it happen..

bump. nudge. kick.

a simple "no" would at least offer me some closure (wink)

Here's another idea. Ive seen this on a couple of other forums. Where it says, "chat, search, members, calender, user cp, donate, raffles" on top, you can also add "active" for active topics and this takes you to a new page with all the topics that were most recently replied to. Works great on other forums!

here's the thing.. i'm going to bump this thread again and keep pushing to get this mouseover done.. why? because this forum is SO FREAKING SLOW it's painful to read anymore and it would really save a lot of time .. it's such a waste when you have to click on a thread to see the entire subject, then find out it was something useless and go back to the main page again (which by the way takes another year to load).

really, it's not a hard thing to add, it's so simple I can't see why one admin hasn't replied to this thread.

fkmp5 said:
here's the thing.. i'm going to bump this thread again and keep pushing to get this mouseover done.. why? because this forum is SO FREAKING SLOW it's painful to read anymore and it would really save a lot of time .. it's such a waste when you have to click on a thread to see the entire subject, then find out it was something useless and go back to the main page again (which by the way takes another year to load).

really, it's not a hard thing to add, it's so simple I can't see why one admin hasn't replied to this thread.

Thats why i agree with you
It helps out people who are always here.
That's why i like that yellow arrow in the latest column thing i mentioned before. Another forum i frequent has both and its saves much loading.

AbbyVonNormal said:
Thats why i agree with you
It helps out people who are always here.
That's why i like that yellow arrow in the latest column thing i mentioned before. Another forum i frequent has both and its saves much loading.

yes, you are right!! it would save so much also to have the arrow.. similar to the control panel for your subscribed threads.. you can go right to the latest post instead of the beginning then scrolling through several pages again..

and thanks eggynatey for the bump!

fkmp5 said:

Bump for my "for" vote.

fkmp5 said:
--- Latest Threads ---

<a href="#" title="New MSP Part Hit the Market!!!">New MSP Part Hit the Ma...</a>

<a href="#" title="Anyone Here Have The Blitz Sbc-id?">Anyone Here Have The Bl...</a>

Hmm,.. I think anyone who agrees should bump this thread from time to time.. haha..

maybe i should put up a poll ????

who knows.. i've been bumping this thread since June and haven't gotten anywhere with it.. but I think it would save a lot of wasted time and a lot of server resources.. i'll bet the 56k folks would love it..

Back