Fog Light Rewiring

D

<Dinger>

Just curious if anyone knows how to rewire the fogs to turn on without headlights?
just bought silver p5 last week

Hell, I've put this on every other board, might as well post it here:

Pull off the side panel of the drivers dash (between the dash and the door), it's just clips and pulls directly off. You'll access the wiring behind the fog light switch here.
Look up under the dash, above where your left foot sits. There's four electronic boxes, the smallest (Black) one is the fogs relay. Feel it click as you turn the fogs on and off from the switch. Find the red wire going into the relay, and cut it. Connect a piece of wire to the red wire going into the relay, and run it up to the fog switch. Insulate the other end (no short circuits here). At the fog switch, tap that new wire into the light green/black wire, and you're done. Now the fogs come on with parking lights and headlights.

They'll still shut off with high beams, though. I'm still working on that solution.

IVE GOT MY FOG LAMPS WIRED SO I CAN TURN THEM ON N OFF WITH THE PARKING LIGHTS OR HEADLIGHTS BOTH BEING OFF :p

Sure, it depends what you do with the red wire. Hook it up to constant 12v and turn them on whenever you damn well please!! I left them on parking lights so I wouldn't accidentally leave them on. I'm kinda absent minded that way. ;)

Back