1/4 times and mods???

M

MazdaMP3.com

Hello guys and gals...okay how many of you have run the 1/4 mile...please list your times and mods (before and after?)

Thanks! :D

i ran a couple of 1/4 mile runs, not good guys not good around the 13s mark.. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Robert,

13's out of P5? What mods do you have done to it because a bone stock P5 is running mid 17's.

I've ran mine (other than custom CAI, springs and taking off the extension on the shifter) I ran a 17.1 at 84 mph. Got to get other things to get it run alot better.

Mike

whoa. how can you say 13's are bad for a protege5? i wish my p5 did 13's, but seeing as i lack the monitary units to spend on mods, i don't think i will be seeing those times in my car anytime soon.....but then again, i may just get a better job....

13's in a Protege5!! hahahahahahahahaha

Not even possible right now! Show us your time slip!

I think we need a new rule. if somebody says something stupid like that (13 in a mp5), that person gets banned from the site and their p5 gets towed away. that ought to teach them.

let me just say this I think he said "not good guy NOT around the 13's mark " don't meanto be rude but thats what its says... I think that no one has hit the low 16 or 15
with out NOS and some knid of head work done.
:cool: :cool:

Perhaps he meant 13's in the 1/8th mile.. :p but I certainly hope not... that would be quite obsene. :eek:

Guardian - at what mph at the end of the quarter.

Road and track couldn't get the mp3 under a 16.80 at 84 mph and the p5 was getting 17.4 at 78.

Mike

Iran a 15.42 @94 mph two weeks ago. Here are my mods:
Black P5
tints, 18" Racing Hart Z5000s,Bf goodrich G-force tires, Injen CAI, MSD ignition with Nology wires and plugs(modified), Dual Borla (modified) cat-back exhaust, Jet v-force engine control module, custom hood w/scoop,modified AEM fuel rail and custom fuel injectors and fuel pressure regulator, removed rear seats,Eibach pro kit, and removed borla mufflers and installed two HKS hyper racing mufflers.

Originally posted by <Nick>:
<STRONG>Iran a 15.42 @94 mph two weeks ago. </STRONG>

Riiiight. That's some serious BS you're feeding us... got a timeslip to prove it?

You're aware that you need at least 160 hp at THE WHEELS to hit those times? And your trap indicates you have about 180 WHP... riight.. not with those mods.

How much N20 are you running?? er... breathing. :)

[ 12-25-2001: Message edited by: MazdaProbeGT ]

sorry i did a 16,02 @ 88mph on a cold day at napierville dragway

a 60ft of 2,4xx

ill scan the timeslip and show it to you. i have also a video of me racing ( on the dragway ) where i did a 16,5 @ 86mph

Oh, here we go again with the BS. First its 13's in the 1/4 mile. Now its 15:62 or whateva in Nicks "5"? Well, im not gonna hate cause if thats what u say u ran, then i guess u ran it. Why dont u provide the rest of the "family" with some weblinks to your success..One question. When u ran that mid 15, were u dreaming? :D

Ok Guardian guy, u ran a 1/4 mile in 16:02 at 88mph..oh my fault. I'll write it like u did. The time was 16,02 at 88mph? Now i have to sit back and think because just like 'goose said, a stock 5 is only gonna get u in the mid 17's. When i first ran mine stock i landed around 17:39 and i was shifting my ass off. I havent ran it since i got my mods but mine might be where u say your so-called "stock" 5 is. Moral of the story is either magazines and Pro5 guru's are lying or your lying..Unless u took off the cat-converter and i still wouldnt knock that much off. Wisen up. Research things before u make things up. :eek: :D

Remember everyone, not every Protege5 is created exactly the same. Not every engine is tuned identical to the next when it comes from Mazda. One car could be tuned a little different to provide a little more HP than the next. I'm not saying it could be tuned enough to go from a 17 1/2 second car to a 16 second car, but there can be some differences. I do agree that we need to see some time slips though.
I don't have time slips since I haven't been to a track, but I do have my dyno chart. This dyno was done at NOPI last September. Only mods are lowered suspension and 18" Rims.

i ran my mp5 at the tracks and ran a 16.8 with a full tank of gas, a custom cai...no exhaust lowerd on stock springs 2"infront 1.5"inback......all hyperwhite lights all around car front rear side...silver car with limo tint......and much more to come.....

[ 01-31-2002: Message edited by: 4DRMP5ATR ]

[ 02-01-2002: Message edited by: 4DRMP5ATR ]

Latest posts

Back