My custom CAI

B

big_ben

Hey Mike, here it is. My beautifyl custom CAI. It didn't take long to make after I got all the parts. I've still got to get the tube coming from the throttle body welded to the tube that passes the battery. And a nipple for the tube from the head. Oh, and a bracket to mount it better. Where is the cheapest place to get a bypass valve? Anyways, here are the pics.
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/big_ben2121/lst?&.dir=/My+Engine+in+Progress&.src=ph&.view=t

I'm not sure if I'm going to paint it or not. A buddy of mine says that he can polish it if I want him to. I dont know yet though. If I paint it what color do all of you think I should paint it, Red or Yellow? Let me know.

Looks GREAT Ben! So how much did this setup cost you total? It looks that the tubes curve just right and a very nice fit.

So how many different sections is it? And where you get those black connecting rubber pieces?

I'm really interested. :)

I wrote out a complete how-to at the MP3 site. I'm going to post pics of each section when I take it off to make some finishing touches and to paint it. It was only three 90's, one tight radius and two 5" radius 90's. There are more details on the other site.

Ben,

Now wasn't that easy? Now you can tell everyone how you did yours.

:p

Have fun with it.

Mike

Back