P5 Grill

Z

Zoom x 2

I've only had my P5 for a little over a month and this will be the first car that I'll make mods to. So, since I really am a Novice! I was wondering if anyone could tell me where to look online for custom grills? I was thinking about replacing mine with perhaps a chrome one. :)

Protege5online.com has them for sale. I think they are made by AT ?? Thery are like a chrome mesh.

Beware of ATgrills! They rusted out in less than 2 weeks. The grills didn't fit the front end and needed snipping. The baling wire also oxidized. They took a long-ass time to get here (~ a month, not 5 days from Montreal). I had to email them a couple times wondering what was going on about the tracking number blah, blah, blah. It took me 6 hours to take off the bumper, manipulate the grills, and replace everything. (Careful on the passenger side. There is a plastic wire harness for the fogs that I cracked with not much force. Oops!). The grills hardly looked like their website's (Photoshop doctored) jpegs.

If you do decide to buy from ATgrills, they're made of hardware cloth with diamonds 1/2" tall by 7/8" (not even close to Grillcraft). You should paint the hell out of them. The mesh is stiffer than the average gutter guard, which is their only plus. I say just go to the hardware store and do it yourself. I'm wondering if I should cut them off or touch up what I can. Well, what do you want for $50. You get what you pay for.

Anybody buy Kustom Grills on Ebay?

I'm jonesin' for the real deal. I say every MP3/5 owner should pester Grillcraft...

I saw one on Ebay from Kustom Threat. It claimed that it only took about 20 minutes to install and you didn't have to bolt anything to your car. The only reason I didn't buy it was because when I tried to email the seller, it came back to me as user unknown, so I was a bit leery. Anyway, thanks for the input. I'll explore other options and keep my eyes out in the meantime. :cool:

Well, i wasnt about to buy that trash on Protege5online anyway because 1, it looked tacky and cheap and 2, the labor of installing it seemed too overwhelming. Before the mesh bullsh*t came out i was gonna paint my grills white and i think im still gonna go with that idea. Please dont bite. :mad: :D

I have a Kustom Threat grill and I love it. I made my own when I first got my P5, but this look 10 x's better. No rust, easy install. I had installed one before and it took me about half an hour. Great for $50.

Korey Chaos said:
Well, i wasnt about to buy that trash on Protege5online anyway because 1, it looked tacky and cheap and 2, the labor of installing it seemed too overwhelming. Before the mesh bullsh*t came out i was gonna paint my grills white and i think im still gonna go with that idea. Please dont bite. :mad: :D

Leave your grill black, it will look GAY painted white, unless of course you are a ricer, then go ahead....everyone can use a good laugh...Just my $0.02 :D

I make custome grilles for Dodge Dakotas out of T304 perforated stainless steel and will do the same when I get my P5. I'll keep everyone updated when I get them ready.

Back