Convince me to buy a Pro5 over a SE-R V

C

<Cheyne>

Im torn between the two. Convince me to buy a Protege5 over a Nissan Sentra SE-R Vspec.

What do you want to be convinced of ? The nissan will outperform the mazda. If performance and handling is your aim then the Nissan wins. I bought the Mazda because it is inexpensive, handles well enough, is fast enough, and looks good. But mainly I got it because I can open up the back, load in 2 dogs, 2 mountain bikes, misc other junk, take em all out and get em muddy, load em back in and haul the whole mess back home. I find the compact sport wagon an immensley practical design. All cars are compromises. There are a lot of them out there that have more cargo room, make more power, etc., but for the money, I have found the MP5 to be a great car

I have been looking at the Nissan also. But after having my P5 for a couple months now, I am completely satisfied. For the money you can't beat it. I'll still have to go thrash(I mean test drive) a Spec V when my dealership gets one though!

i too was looking at the spec-v before i bought my P5. the performance in the spec-v is great but in the end it is just a sentra and not very good looking in my opinion. very normal looking. don't get me wrong, it will haul ass but the P5 seemed to have more practicality and originality. i have had my protege for two months now and i feel like i made the right decision. it could be alittle faster but i have managed to get one ticket in it already so be careful what you wish for. good luck

i went form a 96 nissan sentra gxe to a p5. when i was test driving cars (before i got the p5) i wouldnt even test drive the new sentra. i know theyve improved but fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me. the sentra was the ass'iest car ive ever ridden in or driven. and they dont get my money twice. for awhile i was considering dropping a sr20de/sr20de-t into my sentra but you can strap a rocket to crap and its still crap.

Well im not convincing u to do s***. If u want to be convinced about a Nissan Sentra V-spec being better than a Pro5 then go to the Nissan dealer. Sure it has more horsepower but your trying to compare a sports compact coupe to a sports compact wagon and of course a wagon is gonna be slower. I've had no regrets about buying my Pro5..i just wish there was about 30-35 more HP...For the money and the handling (before after u put on springs) u cant beat it... :D

I like both of them. They both are at the same price you know. I just wanted your opinion. I do wish they were a little quicker.

being part of somthing is good and owning a p5 you will be it may not be as fast but that is about it it is an awsome car and it is a better looking car dare to be different and slap a few mod's in a p5 and it will blow the spec out of the water.. hope you make the right choice and buy a badass looking car...
Originally posted by <Cheyne>:
<STRONG>Im torn between the two. Convince me to buy a Protege5 over a Nissan Sentra SE-R Vspec.</STRONG>

Originally posted by melloyello:
<STRONG>it is a better looking car dare to be different</STRONG>

It does look cooler.. and more different (in a good way).

<STRONG>slap a few mod's in a p5 and it will blow the spec out of the water</STRONG>

Realistically, its gonna take more than a few [bolt-on] mods to get from an assumed <100whp to 150whp.

Im torn between the two, also. If there were a good turbo-kit for the P5, Id be there. As it stand, both being equal in cost, Im opting to keep my car (for now).

Unless someone volunteers to come to Nashville and let me cozy up to theor P5 for a week or so. ;)

[ 02-10-2002: Message edited by: llaprad1 ]

or

or if u want more power get a mazda speed it put u right there wit sentra plus has a turbo but honestly my friend got a spec_v and its tight but doesn't compare to a p5 the mazda is better looking i drove both and the p5 out handles the spec-v well 2 me both are great car's both have alot of mod's u can put into it but if u get a p5 and can afford a turbo themetal addiction's kit is a bad ass kit and u b pass a few spec_v's

emiliobenzo said:
or if u want more power get a mazda speed it put u right there wit sentra plus has a turbo but honestly my friend got a spec_v and its tight but doesn't compare to a p5 the mazda is better looking i drove both and the p5 out handles the spec-v well 2 me both are great car's both have alot of mod's u can put into it but if u get a p5 and can afford a turbo themetal addiction's kit is a bad ass kit and u b pass a few spec_v's
wow (headshake

i agree that the sentra's are rather bland, but my opinion is biased. the spec v is more expensive and less reliable from what i've read.

nissan's are notorious for recalls......my g/f owned a GXE for three years and there were 4 recalls on it.....was not a very tight car. i know the SE-R is more tight, but it is still a sentra.....

P5 is much cleaner looking.....

It's like somebody threw a bottle into the ocean and it just finally washed up on shore...

mooS mooS said:
It's like somebody threw a bottle into the ocean and it just finally washed up on shore...

Hell yeah

Either way, I just wanted to say that the Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V has a SOLID REAR AXLE! GROSS! Solid rear axles are for minivans and kia rios, not a "sports sedan".

I've driven an SE-R Spec-V and I wasn't at all impressed with the handling, and I hate how cheap the front and rear and side of the car looks :p

I was considering one too, same price as my p5 (both used)

OK.

P5s have....
Better Look
Not as common
More practical with MUCH more room
Better on gas
More room for some REAL mods, i.e. 300 wheel HP
Great handling out of the box

Sentra R
Faster STOCK than a P5, that is it.

Look at a P5 with clean rims, good set of brakes, a nice clean interior, and a solid TURBO kit. Nice.

You people do realize that you're responding to a question asked over 3 years ago, right ?

Back