Anyone financing their car with Mazda American Credit?

H

herls

I am financing my car through Mazda American Credit and when i bought my car (Nov 01) i signed up for an auto deduction from my checking account. Well my first payment was due on the 20th and i left the country on the 18th. I got back to find a late payment notice in the mail and that no money had been deducted. After contacting Mazda Credit and explaning the situation they suggested i fax them a copy of the form i signed for the Auto-Check. After i did this i assumed it was taken care of but nooo i have recieved a phone call every other day asking for payment + late fees. This is really pissing me off now. Has anyone had any problems with these people?? Am i wrong to blame them or should i really be blaming my dealer?

I'm not on auto-deduction, so I haven't delt withthese problems, I just send a check every month and never hear from them.

Mike

Same here. I send a check to them every month, sometimes more just to get it over sooner, and I never hear from them.

Actually, yesterday the company that send out a new vehicle survey a month or so ago called asking me in detail about the problems that I had with my 5. The only problems are minor things like small cupholders and armrest, whistling windshield. I also added that stereo sound could be better with more bass. Everything else is A-ok.

Dood Mazda credit totaly botched my info, I've had my pro5 sence Nov 22nd amd JUST TODAY have I made my first payment. They never sent me any info on where to mail the check to, so I had to go back and forth with the dealership so much, they say they will send me some info soon....bah. At least I got a good apr. 4.3% That's good for a 20 y/o with no credit.

I just send them a check every month. So far no problems. One of my payments was actually late, but I was never charged a late fee.

I have a 2001 ES (0% int for 4 yrs) and a 2002 P5 (1.9% int for 3 yrs). I just let them bill me because I don't want the hassle of having the money taken out too soon and bouncing checks ;)

I have my loan through Mazda credit as well. 0% for 3 years, and no payments for the first 6 months. I haven't really had any problems, per se, but I did get a letter from them the other day... they apparently don't have an account for me or my car, and want me to write them back and tell them who the lein holder and is and what my account # is.

Hmmm... so if I don't write back, do I ever have to pay for the car? I'll keep you posted...

Originally posted by Christopher:
<STRONG>they apparently don't have an account for me or my car, and want me to write them back and tell them who the lein holder and is and what my account # is.

Hmmm... so if I don't write back, do I ever have to pay for the car? I'll keep you posted...</STRONG>

Haha, thats funny, dude, don't send them any info. I am sure eventually you will have to pay them but if you can get it away with it now, do it. If they call you tell them you never received the letter.

they apparently don't have an account for me or my car, and want me to write them back and tell them who the lein holder and is and what my account # is.
Hmmm... so if I don't write back, do I ever have to pay for the car? I'll keep you posted...
Christopehr, Do not send them any information, and elude thier phone calls for as long as you can. It would be funny to see what they do since the mix-up is actually thier fault. I would pay to be in a situation like yours. LOL, they would have to stand on thier head and spit nickels to get mopney out of me!! Please keep us posted!!

I apologize for the last post, My spelling was reminiscent of a fourth grader. My bad.

I apologize for the last post, My spelling was reminiscent of me in fourth grade. My bad.

Thanks for the advice, everybody. I'll be sure to let you know how it works out.

craig; i also have my car financed through mazda american credit and have the auto deduction, i've had no problems yet, they deduct the set amount on the 29th of every month but i do remember having to mail in at least one payment after i had it set up because they had warned me that it would take some time before auto deduction would go through their records.

Mothers know best

thank God i never did that i was going to but my mom told me that they screw up to much and it would just be more headaches thanks to her i guess i saved me some hassles.

But i think that they are great so far they gave me a great 3.9% for a 19 year old with little credit i was happy with that.

I too have a loan for my P-5 through them....0% for 36 months....but do not have auto deduct.....if I were you...I would go DIRECTLY to my dealership and talk with the finance person that set it all up....and get THEM to straighten it up...and get Mazda Credit to drop the late charge as well...its OBVIOUSLY not YOUR fault.

No problems

I've had 3 loans with Mazda American Credit, no problems here. I don't do the auto-check. I've had a '01 Miata, '02 P5 (2.9% for 36 months), and '01 Millenia S. Just send them a check each and every month. Talk iwth your F&I manager at the dealership.

Back