Stock CD Player

H

happy_gilmore

P5 Newbie here, with only 250km on my blue one. Want to know if anyone else experiences CD's skipping lots.

My old rusty SUV with its 4 year old Alpine CD player never skipped, and I am talking my truck would bruise my kidneys everytime I hit a pothole.

Also if I buy new speakers, is there a pre-out for an amp on the stock stereo?

my stock cd player skips all the time. it also has alot of trouble playing burned discs. i will be replacing it shortly however but in the mean time it sucks.

whoa this is majorly bad, I would have thought by now manufacturers can afford better cd players that can buffer more and read multisession, geesus christ.

With no rCa pre-outs, this means there's no possibility of an amp/sub addition to this?

Okay well it seems everyone has the same issues as I do. I have driven many 2000-01 sedans compact cars through renting them on my travels. None have had CD Players this crappy, and my CD-R's I have burnt are impossible to play unless when sitting at a stoplight.

I think I will complain to Mazda about this one.

I don't have any of these problems on mine, but I think I'm the only one. Just about every board in existence has messages about the CD players being crap. The only trouble I come across is that the burned CD's are thicker and sometimes don't get recognized. Do you guys have the 6 disc? Maybe the single player is less accident prone. Just a thought.

Acutally I am wondering if it is just the canadian model. It seems that anyone who has the USA model doesnt complain about the skipping.

Anyone else?

I live in canada and my P5 cd player plays everything, burned cds and I have never had them skip once and I have had it for a month, just thought I'd tell you,

got 7000 kms on mine, and i got no trouble with my cd player skipping..my burned cds play without a problem too...maybe i got lucky.

RJD,

I got to agree with you, I never had any problems with any of my burned disks.

I actually liked the factory unit until I needed the preouts for the amp. Damn I wish I still had the factory in there, all I do when I'm driving is play with the radio which isn't good for the driving aspect. :eek:

Mike http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mazda_protege5

Maybe I am just going crazy.

Guess I will just take it into mazda to see whats up then.

Thanks

I've never had too much skipping (with the exception of early in the morning when the interior is cold) with my cd player, and i've never had a problem with burned cd's. (i only have the single disk cd player)

just was wonderin where everyone is with the crappy CD players...I have had NO probs with my single disk player and i'm in Canada.

You can run an amp off of the factory head unit. There are convertors (fairly cheap) that will convert your speaker wires to an RCA Pre-out. I did this so I could keep the 6-Disc in-dash CD Player. I have a 4 channel amp. I hooked the front 2 channels to the 4 door speakers. I then hooked the subs up to the rear 2 channels.

As for the CD skipping issue, I have had no problems with CD's, burned or not. (USA) If the CD player is skipping and your car is fairly new, take it back to Mazda and tell them you want them to replace it under warrenty. Obviously something is probably wrong. Good Luck.

Mazda should of offered a 6 cy engine....considering that there wont be many changes in the future models. There should be a light in the glove box and on each visor mirror.They also could of thrown in the leather package also instead of offering it after purchase.

I've had no problems with the factory deck I got in my P5, had it for about 2 months now. I ran my amp with a high input instead of RCAs all ya gotta do is hook up your high inputs to your rear speakers... only thing is if ya shut off your rear speakers the subs dont play either.

Mine skipped like mad too. And it couldn't read some of my burned CD-Rs. i got rid of it the second day I had the car for a Sony CDX-CA850. Yeah, people say sony head units suck, but you gotta sacrifice a bit of performance for aesthetics sometimes :) The stock cd player is so ugly!!!

Mine skips a little from time to time. Can't tell if its just my scratched CDs or if its the player. Quick question to anyone who reads this. I want to install a third set of speakers. Are there rear out on the stock player?? Also, how do I remove the 2 plastic borders without snaping them?? Sounds simple, but I reaaly don't want to f up my new car... :D Thx

Has anyone else had a cd stuck in their stock system? I have the single disc player and the other night I through a cd in there and now it won't give it back or play it, the nerve! Guess I'll just bring it back tot he dealer or something.

Thom

In 3 months and 7500 miles my cd player (single) have not skipped once. Maybe its the kind of cd-burners or the cd's you guys use.

Back