New diesel 6???

ghetto waggon

:
2003 Protege5, Yellow.
Was reading a foreign soccer magazine today and saw an ad for a diesel mazda 6. Starting at $14,995.

Damn, wish I got that

most other places get deisel versions of most cars. in the US they are hard to adopt because of lots of stupid laws against desiel because it used to be more polluting. Today deisels pollute less and have greater fuel efficiency. why dont we get them? cause our government iz slow in the head.

Diesels are not less polluting. They are _differently_ polluting. They put out way more particulate matter than gas engines, for instance.

We need to get low sulphur and ultra low sulphur diesel fuel over here to make a real difference.

oh yeah, the North American market is the only region where a 3.0 V6 is available for the 6. All other regions get the 2.3 as its 'high-end' motor.

they have 1.8 and 2.0's to choose from, as well as the 2.3.

PCGenious said:
Diesel engine would have a lot less hp. oh yea and its really loud

They aren't loud. I'm not sure where you got that from.

As far as HP, it depends on the engine. VW is going to have a V10 diesel in the Toureg and Phaeton with 340hp and 550lb-ft of torque. That's right - five hundred and fifty.

Damn, The diesel engines that I have heard are louder than regular gas ones. Take the VW diesel, its louder than their gas version.

and uh, the diesel engine is not really 'new', since it was rolled out alongside with all the petrol engine models.

I'm not sure what VW you are listening to, but I drove the Jetta TDI right before I drove our 2.0, and the TDI was not any louder, at least not that I noticed.

Ultra low sulfur diesel fuel should be in the US by 2006. This will lower sulfur and particulate emissions from diesel engines. Also, diesel emits approx 65 times LESS carbon monoxide emissions than gasoline. However, there is a trade of of 3 times more Nitrogen oxides emissions from diesels than gasolines.

Pick your poison, its only air. :)

I don't know if a Diesel engine would do well in the US... Most people think of VW's and Volvo's when it comes to diesel's in the US, IMO...

Back