Mazda6 RECALL

redrims

Contributor
:
Nissan 200sx SE-R(Turbo), '01 Integra (LS/Vtec- now TURBO)
Well, we all knew it was coming. The 1st recall I presume.

Basically, the wiring for the fog lights are wrong and may cause a fire.

For more detail, here's the link. I hope this works...lol

Summary....

Mazda to recall over 174,000 Mazda6s, MPVs, Miatas

Reuters / May 29, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Advertisement

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOKYO -- Mazda Motor Corp. said on Thursday it plans to recall more than 174,000 vehicles worldwide, including the hot-selling Mazda6 sedan, after reports of a defective fog lamp which in one case caused the bumper to catch fire.

The Mazda6 is called the Atenza in Japan.

There have been no reports of any accident resulting from the defective parts, according to Mazda's report submitted to Japan's Transport Ministry. The automaker declined to disclose the estimated cost of the recall.

The news deals a heavy blow to Mazda, coming on the same day that it announced the Mazda6 had snapped up 50 awards...

Last edited:
what i read it seemed like only the ones in japan had this problem.

also miatas and MPVs are part of it.

Mazda will recall more than 174,00 cars and minivans around the world, mostly because of a wiring problem in fog lamps. The company says that defective fog lamps on models including the Mazda6 (Atenza in Europe), MPV and Miata will be recalled after one faulty lamp caused a bumper to catch fire. The vehicles involved in the recall include Mazda6 sedans sold in Japan; MPV minivans built between May 1999 and February 2003; and Miatas made between December 1997 and February 2003.

- from carconnection.com

There is also a recall on the US spec Mazda6's brake reservoir... the warning sensor is incorrectly mounted on models built before May 2003

yay for Ford's UAW!

Just another reason

I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER MAZDA (protest)

I'm happy with the lack of recalls on my protege5, all of the other car companies have recall problems too. (even honda, check out the 2001 civic) I think mazda's still ahead of the others in this segement. As for the clunk, recalls are only done if there is a safety issue, if not they issue a TSB.

Latest posts

Back